Smooth Sexy Jazz : Recommendations?

SilentRealm

Apr 1, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
I need some help in finding some of the greatest Jazz songs for a cd compilation I need to get together within the next 24 hours so PLEEEEEASE give me all your suggestions!!!!

well, I wouldn't talk about smooth and sexy, but for some light jazz you could turn to Pat Metheny (First Circle, or Follow Me), for some latin jazz go to Dave Weckl (Tee funk is a great song) or Michel Camilo, for some shredding jazz go to Allan Holdsworth, for some funky jazz go to Herbie Hancock (Watermelon Man is the most Famous). Other greqat jazz bands are Tribal Tech, Weather Report (the band of Jaco Pastorius), John Scofield (This one has got very cool songs).

I would recommend you to get some more 'standard' jazz for smooth sexy songs.:)

How about some Dave Brubeck... Maybe the album "Time Out" (Dave Brubeck Quartet)? Smooth as can be, some interesting odd meters and song structures too. Take Five, off that album, is probably one of the most famous jazz songs ever.

i think i give up on the sexy jazz thing, when it comes to heart pumping steamy instrumentals, most jazz is too mallcore i think. instead i just decided to go with sexy songs in general.

SilentRealm said:
i think i give up on the sexy jazz thing, when it comes to heart pumping steamy instrumentals, most jazz is too mallcore i think. instead i just decided to go with sexy songs in general.
Huh? Most jazz is too........ mallcore?? Maybe I'm just a fucking moron, but my definition of 'mallcore' is 'nu-metal'. Please explain.

Theres a *brilliant* Jazz guitarist named Jimmy Bruno..you should really check out his stuff...

:edited:

heres a link to some mp3 samples on his website..I always thought Jazz was one of the hardest styles to play on guitar..and man does he make it sound so easy...

http://www.jimmybruno.com/freestuff.htm

If MJR did jazz it would prolly sound like Jimmy...