ENGL Powerball and Jazz?

Mrcr0wley

New Metal Member
Jun 1, 2009
Australia
Hello Hello

I am a metalhead at heart but my love for gutiar has gotten me into a primarily jazz based music course at university. As i need a ballsy amp for all my metal work i was considering the ENGL powerball however i need an amp that is versitile enough to get away with playing jazz. Can Chris or anyone else with experience share their thoughts on this amp being used for jazz?

all help would be greatly appreciated :)

Hello Hello

I am a metalhead at heart but my love for gutiar has gotten me into a primarily jazz based music course at university. As i need a ballsy amp for all my metal work i was considering the ENGL powerball however i need an amp that is versitile enough to get away with playing jazz. Can Chris or anyone else with experience share their thoughts on this amp being used for jazz?

all help would be greatly appreciated :)

Personally I think the PB has a great clean tone but I doubt that It would be taken seriously in that setting by other guitarists (but who care about that!!!). I would think that the more important aspect of good tone for jazz is actually in the guitar you would use.

Take care, Chris.

the PB's clean tone is nice, but I like to think that if you were a talented enough player, then you wouldn't need to worry about what other jazz guitar players think of the brand name for your amp.

I am saving up for a powerball myself