Snare gets buried by kick attack / Snare verb gets buried by everything??

Remove everything but the kick and snare and work on those two. Get the reverb how you want it to sound finished. Add stuff back in and compensate each time for what you lose. The process of elimination should help you discover some things that are affecting your mix, and things about mixing in general.

I've always wanted to EQ my snare verbs in Reaper but have never worked out how to do it on my snare bus/send without actually EQing the snare itself too. Could anyone point me in the right direction? Sorry for the thread hijack.

I've honestly never really messed with any verbs aside from the stock Reaper ReaVerberate. It has built in EQ. ReaVerb let's you load impulses which is cool.

Might sound simple enough, but really, if two elements of the mix isn't seperated enough, seperate them more.

First you gotta come to an understanding of - Is the kick burying the snare och the snare burying the kick?

Solo the kick/snare tracks, if the kick is burying your snare, take a wide bell and drag it down like -12 dB. Then move it around on the frequency and see where the snare comes through the most. This would be the are where the kick is overlapping the snare. Bring the gain up to 0 dB. Then slowly bring it down to where the snare cuts through, and the kick doesn't sound like shit. That's what I do at least when trying to seperate elements of the mix, works fine for me!

Dude, I just listened to the sound file in your signature, I love the atmospheric keyboard sections! Is that your band or another band you recorded?