Snare replacement question

johnzorn

Sep 20, 2004
I know we all talk about getting that metal "boom boom clicky" sound (and Andy's new samples are pimp as shit for that), but I have a question about the snare replacement. I'm very content with doing the 50/50 blend to give a nice, thick "pop", but do you guys just replace the top of the snare, or the bottom too? I'm doing the standard mic the top and bottom of the snare and wondering how you guys do it.

Oh yeah, I'm using Drumagog for sound replacement. It kicks ass! :headbang:

Also on the same note, what albums/band do you find have the best "snare" sound.

abigailwilliams said:
i like the far beyond driven snare.

That album is amazing, side by side with other current great recordings, seems quieter, but just as good. I like the snare on Arch Enemy's Wages of Sin.

Aside from that, doesnt the kick drum on Darkest Hour's Undoing Ruin album sound like Metallica's Justice for All a bit? Same thump.

VEHEMENCE said:
That album is amazing, side by side with other current great recordings, seems quieter, but just as good. I like the snare on Arch Enemy's Wages of Sin.

Aside from that, doesnt the kick drum on Darkest Hour's Undoing Ruin album sound like Metallica's Justice for All a bit? Same thump.

i hate the drum sounds on the new darkest hour.