SNG

I feel sorry for you :) many areas in this country can't get better than dial up. Satellite promised the world and failed to deliver in many areas. The fibre network the previous government started was suppose to provide 100mbs with fibre to the premises, then the new government came in and changed everything to be 'better' and made fibre to the node keeping copper from the node to the premises. Now it's massively over blown in cost and we still only rank 55th in the world for speed. We've got 100mbs lines only running 25mbs. Here I'm refusing to go to fibre until they fix it (or I have no choice) so I'm still getting a max of 8mbs

Fire Lances Of The Ancient Hyperzephyrians - The Sword

I feel sorry for you :) many areas in this country can't get better than dial up. Satellite promised the world and failed to deliver in many areas. The fibre network the previous government started was suppose to provide 100mbs with fibre to the premises, then the new government came in and changed everything to be 'better' and made fibre to the node keeping copper from the node to the premises. Now it's massively over blown in cost and we still only rank 55th in the world for speed. We've got 100mbs lines only running 25mbs. Here I'm refusing to go to fibre until they fix it (or I have no choice) so I'm still getting a max of 8mbs

Fire Lances Of The Ancient Hyperzephyrians - The Sword
Holy crap, a real shit show huh?

Reactions: Trodden and Neptune
Holy crap, a real shit show huh?

Just one of the things you get used to. Even when the previous government first promised fibre it was 10 years later than other countries. The current government is backwards and did everything the could to kill the previous governments plan. But it doesn't worry me much, There is very few YT videos that buffer when I am watching them, I can download and watch videos at the same time and we run up to 7 computers in this house at a time some days so paying for more than my 8mbs to go to a system that is up and down like a yo-yo doesn't seem logical.

Jump - Van Halen