SNG

6 states South Australia, Western Australia, Victoria, Tasmania, New South Wales and Queensland and 2 territories, Australian Capital Territory and Northern Territory. What movie?

The Art Of War - Dungeon

Yeah TBH if I had seen it advertised I wouldn't have bothered watching it but my missus saw it in the guide and decided we should watch it which is unusual for her, she doesn't often pick out horror movies.

Sex. Murder. Art. - Slayer.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I've been going through horror movies on Netflix and Amazon Prime And Hulu for a while now. There are so many it's extremely hard to figure out what's good and what isn't, and what's a real movie and what's made by the Syfy channel. I'd seen Babadook on there for over a year, and finally watched so many shitty horror movies in a row that I went for it. It wasn't too bad, especially in comparison to the ones I most recently watched.
That kid was a total spaz.
Did you know that in Jaws The Revenge that in the whole movie Jaws only kills two damn people?! WTF!!

So if anyone has any horror movies to recommend let's hear it!

Murder Fantasies - Kreator

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I thought the way they built the Babadook up was really good. That first time the Babadook appeared, where Mum was in bed under the sheet and all we saw was a shadow on the roof and the noises was brilliantly done. But I also think once the Babadok was revealed the story went downhill and I really didn't like the ending, I thought it was too predictable.

Might only have been two killed in Jaws the Revenge but the body count was high in Sharknado :)

King movies that he's had a hand in are usually good. His telemovie for the Shinning was good. The TV series the Mist not too bad. Clive Baker's movies were always pretty good. Trick or Treat (with the Fastway soundtrack!) I'd have to dig deeper into the brain for more. However if you want bad dystopian/horror/thriller with a hard rocking soundtrack you can go past the D-grade Aussie cult film Sons Of Steel.

I Tamper with the Evidence at the Murder Site of Odin - Dethklok

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
(SPOILER)

Yeah I agree about Babadook. And the only one to die is the dog? Lame.
LOL you watched Sharknado? I don't think I can make myself do it! Damn Syfy movies.

King movies have been really hit or miss for me, especially the old ones. I haven't watched The Mist series but I like the movie. Dream Catcher is pretty good. I'd say in the last 15 years his movies have gotten much better done.
I recently watched Night Shift. That was awful.
I'm going to see if I can find that Aussie movie :headbang:

Little Bit O Murder - Overkill

Reactions: Slammed
I've only seen the first Sharknado because there was nothing else on TV one night. But I have to say it's hilarious, the story is crap, the idea is crap but some of the scenes are brilliant. I don't think I'd bother with the sequels because they can only do so much new but watching the first one was worth it.

I find King's movies are better if he has a hand in them. Night Shift was a terrible book as well so the movie had little hope :)

I don't know if Sons Of Steel got a release overseas, it might be on YT though. It was made in about '86 maybe and the band was real, the lead actor was the lead singer of a hard rock band called Black Alice. I was talking to the producer/writer a few years back and he gave me a personally signed DVD which has now also been signed by the lead actor and the weirdest guy in the movie. One day that DVD will be worth $1 I'm sure of it :)

If you want an old aussie horror movie go looking for Razorback.

Murdertrain A Coming - Dethklok

Reactions: redfly
It's the cult status of Sons Of Steel that makes it valuable to me. When it came out all the metal heads I knew had seen the movie, they all agreed it was D-grade at best but we'd all seen it and knew the songs. Even though they weren't as heavy as the CD's we were buying it was cool to have an almost metal movie. Having it on DVD is more about reminiscing than money.

I'll try and remember some more Aussie horror movies. We've made some downright cringe worthy movies that are as funny as they are horrific. Have you seen Wolf Creek?

Murder The Universe - King Gizzard And The Lizard Wizard.

Reactions: redfly
Cult movies rock..get it? :rolleyes:

The only Wolf Creek I've heard was a series with Lou Diamond Philips.....?

The Mysterious Murder Of Christian Tier's Lover - Steve Vai

According to IMDB LDP was in a series called Wolf Lake. Wolf Creek is an Australia movie and TV series about a man who hunts and kills people around the Wolf Creek Crater in Outback Oz. The series is okay but the movie is better. The lead guy who plays Mick Taylor plays the psycho role so darn well .

Murder One - Metallica

Reactions: Neptune