SNG

I'm surprised there isn't an auto respose, "I told you I don't make mistakes!"

Some mince thing my wife made for work but decided she didn't want 5 days in a row.

How was the DVD? I managed to get some Zzzzz's for about 2 hours.

Hail To Crail - GloryHammer

Reactions: Neptune
Yeah really lol.

Hahaha "some mince thing" You don't sound too excited.

The DVD was pretty good. I'm watching it on a 4k tv though so I can definitely see it's limitations at times. But over all it looks and sounds good
no skips. One of the shows on the second disc did pixelate at times but the sound never did so I think maybe it was intentional.
My only real issue is that who ever edited it could have done better. There's times where Jeff does a run or a slide but you don't hear it. Or the background vocals are off.

About To Crash - Dream Theater

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Well it was mince and curry and vegies, but as to what else was in it could be anyone's guess. It was okay but I wasn't in a very excitable mood yesterday, I felt like crap.

Too many concert recordings are like that. The guy doing the editing, cutting the scenes doesn't know enough about what they are doing to do it properly. Instead of seeing a solo we get crowd shots, or a shot of the bass player, or the singer is making a speech and the visual is a shot of the guitar player changing guitars. It's all good and well being an editor but shit you gotta do it properly and understand the subject.

I Don't Care About You - Dark Angel

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Oh wait. Mince is like an ingredient? I thought you meant the cutting style.

Exactly. That's exactly what's going on a little too much with this concert. Aside from that it is a pretty good show. That band along with Broderick is an absolute monster. It needs a bluray. I hope if it ever gets re released they re cut it.

All About Eve - Steve Vai

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Nah minced meat, the kind of stuff that looks like it was once meat but they chopped it up so fine you can't tell!

The biggest problem recutting will be whether they have the master. Nothing worse than seeing them cut out a guitar solo showing the bass player talking to his roadie only to have them replace it with a random shot of the guitarist playing a completely different song.

What I Like About You - Ramones

Nothing worse than bad butchering editing especially the guitar solos,why in the fuck would they do that I mean I get what your saying Slammed that they have to have the feel of the song properly but come on and it happens to just about every band!

Envy - Armored Saint

Reactions: redfly and Slammed
In most cases I'd say it's an editor not understanding his subject and thinking that what he/she sees is the same as what viewers will see. When we used to make safety/training videos it was easy to miss some things in the edit. Sometimes you'd get to the final edit and realise you'd left out something important, other times you'd realise there was filler in there that just wasted time. But that was the job, editing then watching and rewatching to make sure all the scenes worked and flowed. How that doesn't happen to music concerts I have no idea, maybe it's as simple as they get away with it because there isn't enough complaints.

Envy Of The Gods - Lancer

But if the bands had control over their own stuff what would the record companies do? :)

Darkness Shall Bring Death - Evile

Reactions: redfly