Snus

what about your taste? smoking cigarett destroy the tongue ability to taste specefic flavours in food and stuff, possibly smells as well. does snus have consequences on the tongue?

what about your taste? smoking cigarett destroy the tongue ability to taste specefic flavours in food and stuff, possibly smells as well. does snus have consequences on the tongue?

Not what I noticed, but I noticed one other thing I hadent one single hole in my teeth during the time I used snus, and I have heard from other who use snus that they dont have holes either.

The main drawback to snus is that it causes cancer of the gum and lip. It does not cause lung cancer, and it does not give other people cancer like smoking does. It smells gross and it is vile to kiss someone who uses it, but it's no better or worse than licking an ashtray. It will not discolour your walls or curtains. In other words, if you really can't quit smoking, then snus might be better.

Örnsköldsvik eh?
I might know you then :p

Lived there 86-96 and 03-05

Oh yeah? Where did you live?:) I´ve lived in Svartby for 20 years,moved into the city on Vikingagatan 3 years ago. I get the feeling you´re a bit older than me if you´ve lived there from 86,since i´m born 85:)

Oh yeah? Where did you live?:) I´ve lived in Svartby for 20 years,moved into the city on Vikingagatan 3 years ago. I get the feeling you´re a bit older than me if you´ve lived there from 86,since i´m born 85:)

:rolleyes:

well, I'm born in 75, so most likely we haven't seen each other :D

I lived in Dömsjö 86-91, the city (Vintergatan) 91-95, Gullänget/Kroksta 95-96

Next turn was Bjästa 03, then Gullänget 03-05

Is it like "Schnupftabak" in Germany? Although... this you sniff, and not chew... wondering if we have something like "Kautabak", but I'm pretty sure we do. Germans are great in finding new ways to ruin their bodies.
Nope, it's not. My other brother lived in Germany for a couple of decades, and my mother aways had to mail hm his snus becasue there is no such thing as snus in Germany.

Snus is illegal pretty much everywhere (in Europe) except Sweden and Norway due to an EU ban, if I remember correctly. Now, I have one of those damnable nicotine patches stuck on my arm... it's not working well, it keeps falling off. And doesn't give me but about 25% of the nicotine I'm used to.:cry::Spin::bah::yell:

Still, dude, GOOD FOR YOU!
I don't know what the legalities are now, but my older brother has lived in Germany since the 70's, so well before the EU was founded as it is today. They just did not have the equivalent to Swedish snuff even then, so I am not sure if it's a strictly Scandinavian (and I mean Scandinavian in the true sense of the word) thing or what. Dude's moved back home to Sweden now, so he can shove his lip full of that stuff any time now, so he's a happy bugger.
It's interesting though, how just about every part of the world has its own form of "chewy poison", huh? In Asia they chew betel root together with a lime (shell lime, as in the corrosive stuff, not the fruit) to get the same effect as the Swedes do from snus, and over in this part of the world there's chewing tobacco and the kind of snuff that you snort up your nose. In the Andes they chew coca leaf and/or tobacco to fix altitude sickness, but apparently the effect is much the same as snuff, snus and betel nut when it all comes down to it.

Nah, it's not the same. I know it's made different, and my understanding is it doesn't juice up like dip does, so you don't need to spit.
I'm not doing super-good with the quitting, I find myself dozing off during the day.... which is a bad thing, considering I'm usually driving. But I've managed to keep myself under half a pack a day, which considering I've been close to 2 packs a day for going on 20 years is at least an improvement.