So, did it sell out?

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
The site says less than 5 tickets left.

After the past four years, it would take a pretty... um... interesting person to show up at the door expecting to get in.

"What? ONE TICKET UNSOLD???? Jørn, I hate you, WORST HEADLINER EVAR~~~~~~!"

Dude. 4,863 posts? Holy shit. Don't know if it sold out, but I can tell you there were a lot more people on the floor for Evergrey than for Jorn. Jorn was too far back in the mix for my taste...

Ahem... I believe LOTFP Jim was a no show right? And as such in the PP charter, no shows aren't allowed to comment about the show :loco:

Jim LotFP said:
The site says less than 5 tickets left. After the past four years, it would take a pretty... um... interesting person to show up at the door expecting to get in. "What? ONE TICKET UNSOLD???? Jørn, I hate you, WORST HEADLINER EVAR~~~~~~!"

Glenn is probably not sweating it, but I wonder how many people had to eat the extra tickets they bought on the expectation it would be easy to sell them?

adaher said:
Glenn is probably not sweating it, but I wonder how many people had to eat the extra tickets they bought on the expectation it would be easy to sell them?

I ate a ticket -- but not because I thought I could sell it. I bought an extra the day they went on sale thinking that a friend of mine would want to go. Unfortunately, that didn't pan out...but it would have been inappropriate to try to sell it on the boards with tickets still unsold.

Lesson learned for next year: take care of #1. Everyone else can fend for themselves! :)

I ate a ticket -- but not because I thought I could sell it. I bought an extra the day they went on sale thinking that a friend of mine would want to go. Unfortunately, that didn't pan out...but it would have been inappropriate to try to sell it on the boards with tickets still unsold.

Well yeah, that's what I meant. Due to the expectation of a quick sellout, we often buy tickets for those of our friends who want to go but don't have cash yet.

Harvester said:
Six tickets left actually.
Well Glenn - I hope you get a % of the beer, merch & hotel taxes then - coz we were trying to make sure that you don't lose moeny on this one. Great time again - the pilgrimage gets better every year :)

jeff in colorado

What's with the Jorn bashing? You obviously don't recognize a kick ass show when you see it. I heard more positive comments on HIS show than Evergrey, believe me. Most of us have seen Evergrey enough to last a life time~ Jorn is a first class guy on AND off the stage and is very serious about his music, so if you can't appreciate the time and effort he put into wowing the crowds, then you're at the wrong festival.

booB said:
...because it was delicious? (har har.)

Hmmm...well...I didn't mean it quite that literally...although now that I think about it, that might have been a good alternative when I discovered that Subway was CLOSED on Saturdays. :cry:

To me ProgPower will always be the top notch festival in the world, regardless of selling out or not. Glenn deserves it to be sold out every year. If I had the money, I would've bought all of the 6 ones that were left!

ThXinc said:
If this happens again, WE should chip in and buy them at the door. The ' Lets sell the show out fund" contribution or something.... Somehow, the SOLD OUT moniker has the ring to my ear that I think this festival deserves.

I actually considered doing exactly that, and if there had been, say, one or two tickets left -- we asked and the window guy said he thought it was more than two -- I'd have pulled out a credit card.

am_ash2 said:
What's with the Jorn bashing? You obviously don't recognize a kick ass show when you see it. I heard more positive comments on HIS show than Evergrey, believe me. Most of us have seen Evergrey enough to last a life time~ Jorn is a first class guy on AND off the stage and is very serious about his music, so if you can't appreciate the time and effort he put into wowing the crowds, then you're at the wrong festival.

I must agree!! While most of the bands were good--even great--Jorn was the highlight of the show. He has one of the greatest voices in rock/metal and has worked with the best and continues to have a kick-ass band to work with. His live performances of his solo material damn near brought chills to my spine. I love many of the bands with the death metal vocals (In Flames, Soilwork, et al.) , but for a purely fantastic voice and immaculate impassioned phrasing, Jorn is at the top of the game with few peers.

am_ash2 said:

Oh My God I think i love you!!!!! :loco: