Not the typical band spoke of around here....but.....

FatesFan

Dec 18, 2004
I for one am going to try and make at least one of these shows if not more than one. I know they are not prog or power band but there has to be a few fans here.

Any fans?

6/23/2007 TBD Asheville, NC Orange Peel
The Smashing Pumpkins have announced nine unprecedented shows at the Orange Peel in Asheville, NC.

The Asheville shows mark the first time the Pumpkins will have played a residency since their four gigs at the Double Door in Chicago in 1994 before the release of Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness. Fans attending the Orange Peel shows are invited to capture the concerts with audio and video recorders.

General admission tickets for these all-ages shows go on sale Sunday, May 20. For the Asheville show, tickets ($20.00 each) will go on sale at 1:00 PM Eastern at www.theorangepeel.net or www.ticketweb.com.

PLEASE NOTE: Tickets for these shows will be available through internet ONLY. Tickets will NOT be available at either box offices, charge-by-phone or ticket outlets. Two-ticket limit per person. Purchaser must pick up tickets at the box office night-of-show only. Ticket-holders must immediately enter the venue. Photo ID required for ticket pick-up. Tickets are non-transferable. No refunds or exchanges. A service charge is added to each ticket price.

6/24/2007 TBD Asheville, NC Orange Peel

6/26/2007 TBD Asheville, NC Orange Peel

6/27/2007 TBD Asheville, NC Orange Peel

6/29/2007 TBD Asheville, NC Orange Peel

6/30/2007 TBD Asheville, NC Orange Peel

7/2/2007 TBD Asheville, NC Orange Peel

7/3/2007 TBD Asheville, NC Orange Peel

7/5/2007 TBD Asheville, NC Orange Peel

I was back in the day but I've fallen out of being able to listen to the whiney type of singing that Corgan does. Absolutely hated Zwan and I have never really been able to get back into the SP albums.
There's no mention so is this the original band? Or just Corgan and some other people?

I for one am going to try and make at least one of these shows if not more than one. I know they are not prog or power band but there has to be a few fans here.

Any fans?

I was never really a fan of so-called "Alternative" or "modern rock" music, Smashing Pumpkins included. Otherwise I'd still be listening to that sort of stuff and never gotten involved with prog or power metal. (Probably the only "alternative" band I listened to was U2, and that's not even "alternative" by today's standards)

Just didn't care for their kind of music... :ill:

I was never really a fan of so-called "Alternative" or "modern rock" music, Smashing Pumpkins included. Otherwise I'd still be listening to that sort of stuff and never gotten involved with prog or power metal.

Just didn't care for their kind of music... :ill:

Lucky for me, I was involved in prog and power metal long before alt rock. I would not call my self an alt rock fan but I did enjoy the first 2 Pumpkin albums. We get no shows around here of any kind so I guess I am just a bit suprised that this is coming to the region much less for 8 or 9 nights.

Heck, I'd probably go if this were closer.....I'm not a huge Pumpkins fan but Billy C.'s favorite Rush album was "Hemispheres," so that kinda rules. :)

That datum probably doesn't appear anywhere in print, so I'd better clarify it:

I was privileged to attend a very limited appearance by Billy Corgan here in Atlanta years ago at a small studio. It was to have been a special show by the whole band, but due to illness, only Billy was able to perform, so it was changed to a solo acoustic performance on guitar (excellent) and piano (not so good :)).

During the radio Q&A he mentioned that one of his bigger infliuences was Rush and I think I was the only person there who cheered, as this was a younger, 99-X crowd. :rolleyes:
During the autographing that followed I asked him what his favorite Rush album was and he said, hesitantly, "Sig...Signals...?"
--Which was cool...and then as I was walking away he said "No, wait!" and waved away the security folks who were moving to intercept me from going back to the table. "Cygnus."
"You mean Cygnus X-1 Book 2?" I asked. "That'd be Hemispheres."
"Yeah! That's the one!" :kickass:

It should be the whole band coming back.. minus perhaps Darcy, I read or heard somewhere or something that she had moved on? I dunno.

I'd LOVE to go, I'm a huge pumpkins fan, but it's too far.

It should be the whole band coming back.. minus perhaps Darcy, I read or heard somewhere or something that she had moved on? I dunno.

James Iha won't be in it either, but Jimmy will.

They're also doing eight or nine shows in San Francisco at the Fillmore.

Yeah, she owns a farm and breeds horses. But as I mentioned, Corgan & her don't talk and last reports of any comments by Corgan seems to suggest he hates her referring her to her as a drug addict and what not so even if she was still involved in music, I'm not sure their differences could be settled. Iha is also not involved. Both he and Wretzky said they found out about the "reunion" from the magazine ad Corgan had announcing it the day his solo album was released. Both also said that they were never approached about it.