So, did it sell out?

Jim LotFP said:
"What? ONE TICKET UNSOLD???? Jørn, I hate you, WORST HEADLINER EVAR~~~~~~!"
Kevin Madden said:
Jorn was too far back in the mix for my taste...

This is apart from my personal opinion; let me just defend these guys' rights to say what they did. First, Jim's comment seems pretty clearly sarcastic. Evidence such as the bolded "ONE TICKET UNSOLD????" and the cute little "EVAR~~~~..." indicates that he's not very serious. Another point to note is that it is in quotation marks. For all we know, this may not even be his own opinion.

Second, Kevin's taste has nothing to do with Jorn's talent or dedication. It is very possible to respect someone's music without liking it. This in fact is not Jorn bashing at all, so let me bring this to a finish.

These guys have the right to their own opinions, so let's not criticize their individual tastes. All of you who were annoyed by the above quotations also have rights to your own tastes, so let's keep this peaceful and nice. I myself enjoyed Jorn's set but was rather underwhelmed. I'm not very familiar with his material, but I could see how he has a solid fanbase. At the same time, his performance was less involving for the audience and thus, for me at least, not as exciting.

Peace out.

am_ash2 said:
What's with the Jorn bashing? You obviously don't recognize a kick ass show when you see it. I heard more positive comments on HIS show than Evergrey, believe me. Most of us have seen Evergrey enough to last a life time~ Jorn is a first class guy on AND off the stage and is very serious about his music, so if you can't appreciate the time and effort he put into wowing the crowds, then you're at the wrong festival.

Who said Jorn didn't put on a kick-ass show? Who said that he wasn't even better than Evergrey? Personally, I like Jorn's material better than Evergrey's material. However, for *this* concert, I though Evergrey put on a better show. Who said I didn't appreciate Jorn's time and effort? You need to stop putting words into my mouth. The part about there being more people on the floor for Evergrey is FACT, not opinion. If you were in the front row, you may not have noticed. I would guess that there were more Evergrey fans in attendance than Jorn fans. That doesn't mean Evergrey are better; just most likely more popular. If you want to say I'm at the wrong festival -- I'd ask if *you* were at Powermad '97 and had a ticket for every one of these events ever since???

Kevin

Kevin Madden said:
Jorn was too far back in the mix for my taste...

Kevin, as I was standing right by you, I'd somewhat agree about Jorn being a little back in the mix. Also I thought the guitar tone was the best of the weekend, (if you like it clean). Overall I thought it was sonically excellent.:kickass:

ps- you've got 1 year on me:lol:

np: Zero Hour-Specs........(!)