So I dl a few albums of 2005 already and...(opinions on the upcoming albums etc...)

HardSide

May 23, 2003
Visit site
Ok lets start off.

Total Devestation - newest album is just like there old, if you like there old stuff then you like the new album, nothing has changed.

Apocalyptica - new album, wow i gotta say, its pretty damn good (and thats sad considering its harder then the new strapping young lad album - alien)

Strapping Young Lad - Horrible, I love devin and sYl albums, but this is just pure garbage.

Soilwork - Newest album isnt too bad, its way better then In Flames soundtrack to escape album, its not there greatest work though. but it will do.

Graveworm - Excellent album (Nutopia), if you liked there old stuff you'll like this album.

Angra - Temple of Shadows - Easily one of their best albums. I love it from beginning to end. Has some heavy hitters and some more progressive tracks but kick ass nonetheless. Album has guest appearances from Hansi (Blind Guardian) and Kai Hansen (Gamma Ray). Will probably go down as one of my favorite albums of 2005. "Angels and Demons" just rules all as well as "The Temple of Hate".

Behemoth - Demigod - This was my introduction to the band and I love it. Very strong solid album. I have been listening to it non stop since buying it several weeks ago, I am listening to it right now as a matter of fact heh. Can't wait to see them with Suffocation on the 16th of Feb.

Grave Digger - The Last Supper - I am a complete Grave Digger nut. While this is a very good album I will say I think the previous two (Rheingold and The Grave Digger) are a bit better. I need to listen to this one some more. "Divided Cross" and "Grave In A No Mans Land" are stand out tracks.

Kreator - Enemy of God - Great follow up to Violent Revolution. Blows away most of what they did in the 90's. Long live German thrash metal! \m/

I just got "Faces/The Damn War" by Chris Caffery today and will be listening to it soon.

i cant wait to see apocalyptica at wacken this year. nor can i wait to hear the new album. cult was nothing sort of musical genius
~gR~

SecretFace said:
temple of shadows already came out, idiot. LAST YEAR

Came out in Europe last year IDIOT. The American version came out January 11 IDIOT. The copyright date says 2005 IDIOT. The American version came with a bonus DVD IDIOT. A DVD that sold seperate goes for about $20 IDIOT. Learn how to form an intelligent reply IDIOT.

Surely the first original release date would be the relevant one to the thread, as opposed to making silly distinctions between each region's release date.

merci said:
Surely the first original release date would be the relevant one to the thread, as opposed to making silly distinctions between each region's release date.

Well it is a 2004 release to some and a 2005 release to others. To me it is a 2005 release.

Jean-Pierre said:
This album made me want to kill myself, what with it being so mind-numbingly fucking disappointing.

It was disappointing but I just can't seem to dislike a Grave Digger album. Were you at BWBK last year? Also based on alot of the bands you like I have been meaning to ask you what you think of bands like Running Wild, Grave Digger, and Rage?

Anyone who likes German Metal loves those bands, including JP and I. The new Grave Digger sucks balls though.

Dodens Grav said:
Anyone who likes German Metal loves those bands, including JP and I. The new Grave Digger sucks balls though.

Cool, you are my two favorite people on this forum. I gotta get some more band recommendations from you. I liek most of the stuff you guys are into and you guys have me really curious about this Drunkard band.

The new Astrofaes is quite typical of them but with longer more drawn out tracks - it's more Drudkh/Burzum-inclined. I like it, anywho, though it's not a groundbreaker by any stretch.

The new Kreator doesn't rule QUITE as hard as Mille and the clips of the title track led us to believe, but it still produces a pretty impressive fourteen-inch boner of thrash fucking metal.

I think that's the only 2005 album I've heard. Heh. Oh yeah, I sat through three or four songs off the new Soilwank with the idea of reviewing it. I said "FUCK THIS NOISE," deleted the files, wiped my hard drive, smashed my computer with a hammer, burned the shards, and pissed on the ashes.

Pyrus said:
The new Kreator doesn't rule QUITE as hard as Mille and the clips of the title track led us to believe, but it still produces a pretty impressive fourteen-inch boner of thrash fucking metal.

Agreed. I'd even go so far as to say I prefer Violent Revolution. It doesnt get quite as tedious towards the end.

Pyrus said:
I think that's the only 2005 album I've heard. Heh. Oh yeah, I sat through three or four songs off the new Soilwank with the idea of reviewing it. I said "FUCK THIS NOISE," deleted the files, wiped my hard drive, smashed my computer with a hammer, burned the shards, and pissed on the ashes.

This rules so hard I think I shit my pants.

HardSide said:
Total Devestation

Fuck, I had no idea there was a band already called this. I was going to name my thrash band Total Devastation.