Queensryche: Opinions on the new album- and the direction of the last three albums

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
As a Queensryche fan( strange since I dislike most power metal) I have to say I am extremely dissappointed with the new album Tribe. IT sounds like Queensryche wants to be Creed- bad power ballads, bad lyrics for Queensryche, and just average muscianship.

What really gets on my nerves, is how Queensryche has gotten progressively worse over the last three albums they have released. Hear in the Now was a mediocre rock album- Q2k was a bad alternative rock album, and Tribe is an even worse power ballad album. What happened to the Progressiveness, and imagination of this band? I dont mind if they try new styles( promised land shows how good they can be at stuff other than metal) but god this tripe they are putting out is slmost as bad as the last Priest and Metallica albums.

Did you just plagerize the Blabbermouth.net review?
Trying to sound like "Creed." I heard that one before. While their career has hit the bottom of the portapotty, I think they could redeem themselves if they issued something in the direction of their older material with an updated sound. It seems like they don't want to go that way. They've have several opportunities...

They kinda lost me after Promised Land and I haven't heard anything since. I did make the mistake of buying Geoff's solo album and from what I'm reading here, there isn't too much of a difference. It's too bad. I had high hopes that they would pick up where Promised Land left off but like so many of our heroes, their tastes have changed and the albums reflect it. The fans, however, have many memories wrapped up in albums like Operation: Mindcrime and Rage For Order so they cling to that sound. And the wheel keeps on spinning...

Yes I think subconciously I did plagiarize Blabbermouth- I read the review then downloaded it later- then I listened to it and I suppose creed stayed in my mind- and god it still sounbds a hell of alot like creed.

I normally try to talk positive, but I'll make an exception on this one (and Metallica.) Queensryche released one of the most masterful pieces of music ever written and recorded in Mindcrime and followed it up well enough with "Empire" and "Promised Land." Then the bottom fell out of this once great band. HiTNF was bad... Q2K..... was aweful, and from what little I have heard of Tribe, it sounds only slightly better than Q2K. I personally think they are washed up, or they need to find a young and hungry full-time replacement guitarist (for Degarmo) who can write music.

Bryant

I love Queensryche and have for some time. But even i'll admit that Q2K SUCKED. I didn't really mind HITNF much, it was ok for what it was, but Q2K is just pure garbage and i am still in disbelief that the band that's responsible for such great albums as Rage For Order, Promised Land and especially my favorite album of all-time, Operation:Mindcrime can make an album so bland, boring, uninspired, underdeveloped and overall bad as Q2K. I have heard several things about Tribe, but the things i've heard most is that it sounds like a cross between Emipre, HINTF and Promised Land, as well as the dreaded Creed comparision, so i won't make any judgements until July 22nd when it comes out.