So I finally Picked up Accept's "Breaker" CD

SoundMaster

Jan 20, 2002
"the flower & willow world"
Visit site
And I'm on a hot streak! Another GREAT record!

I've been into Accept for years, but always overlooked this record.
I'd read somewhere that their pre-Restless & Wild material was more
Ac/Dc than metal, and that's not for me. So I never looked for their older output.

A few weeks back, I found a used copy of their live record, 'Staying a Life' (whatever that means) for $5. I bought it & instantly loved the track "Breaker".

I ordered the full album and the rest is history! What a gem! I cant believe I missed out on this one all these years!

Was ANYTHING else this heavy and "electric" in 1981? I dont think so!!

Now I have to check out Riot & Saxon!!

SoundMaster said:
Isn't that the hairband that sang "Summertime Girls"?
Hairband is a stupid term. Its not how a band looks but how they sound. And Y&T on their Earthshaker album soud heavy as shit.

But he, don't believe me, go and listen for yourself :cool:

Hawk said:
Hairband is a stupid term. Its not how a band looks but how they sound. And Y&T on their Earthshaker album soud heavy as shit.

But he, don't believe me, go and listen for yourself :cool:
In my view, the term "hair band" actually DOES imply a certain sound....not just the goofy look.

Poison/Trixter/Tuff/EnuffZnUff, etc., all have a similar sound. Fluff.

Then stick to describing the sound. Early Y&T does not sound like the bands you mention.

And Hair band does *not* refer to a sound but to a look. I you do not understand this then there's no point in arguing this further. Because it seems you are unable to understand the meaning of words.

Y&T play Hard Rock in my book, or even rock 'n roll that rocks very hard :)
Nothing to do with Poison and the likes...

But don't start a fight for that gentlemen ;)

I always thought of Y&T as a kind of hard AOR band.... kind of like Sammy Hagar or early Vandenburg. Good stuff!

SoundMaster said:
And I'm on a hot streak! Another GREAT record!

I've been into Accept for years, but always overlooked this record.
I'd read somewhere that their pre-Restless & Wild material was more
Ac/Dc than metal, and that's not for me. So I never looked for their older output.

Accept went through a lot of changes but never put out a shit release. If I am in a real shitty mood I can always put on "Son of a Bitch" from Breaker and it will always give me a chuckle.

Bryant