So I guess I have to go back to working hard again.

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
As if not obvious from my postcount of late, I've been slacking over the past 3 months in protest of taking over my former boss' duties when he quit, and never getting compensated.

Well I just got a 10% raise, so I have to start busting ass again like I did from December to February.

I'd totally celebrate with a beer tonight if I was allowed to drink this month, instead it'll be TWO Sobès!!! :kickass: <-- holding Sobè

cool on the raise....

hey adrian, I thought you said this was a publicity stunt!

Homme Sentenced for Brawl
QOTSA frontman must undergo anger management after attacking Dwarves singer

Queens of the Stone Age singer Josh Homme has pleaded no contest to two counts of misdemeanor battery stemming from an attack on Dwarves singer Blag Dahlia at a November Dwarves show in Los Angeles.

Homme was placed on summary probation for thirty-six months. He was also ordered to stay 100 yards away from Dahlia and the Dragonfly club (where the incident occurred), to not possess deadly weapons, to perform community service and to enroll in both an anger management program and a sixty-day residential rehab facility. (The records did not say what the rehab was for.) In exchange for Homme's plea, two other charges (battery and assault with a deadly weapon) were dropped.

Homme and Blag are former friends believed to have fallen out over Nick Oliveri, an ex-member of the Dwarves who was hired (and later fired) by QOTSA. The lyrics from "Massacre," off the Dwarves' 2004 CD The Dwarves Must Die, include: "This one goes out to Queens of the Trust Fund/You slept on my floor/And now I'm sleeping through your motherfucking records." Oliveri appears on the track.

Witnesses to the attack say Homme showed up backstage and poured a bottle of beer over Dahlia's head while singing, "Whatcha gonna do?" A shoving match ensued, and Homme struck Dahlia over the head with the bottle. Despite the blow, Dahlia performed as planned. After the show, his wife drove him to Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center, where he received stitches. Police were not called at the time, but security removed Homme from the venue. Dahlia (a.k.a. Paul Cafaro) pressed charges on December 29th.

Homme is due back at the Hollywood Courthouse, Division 79, on July 27th to prove that he enrolled in both anger management and rehab.

Well, Queens is a bit of a revolving entity, if you look at who plays on what there are a TON of names, and then the Desert Sessions have even more. But he seems like he could be a bit difficult to work with, just watching some videos of him in the studio shows what a perfectionist he is. Fuckit, the ends justify the means. :kickass:

Thanks all, think I'll go CD shopping next week. :kickass:

Blag Dahlia is a legend, Homme isn't even worthy of kissing his shoes.

The Dwarves Are Young And Good Looking > Blood, Guts And Pussy > The other Dwarves records >>>>>>>>>>> anything QOTSA has ever done.

I don't engage in such pissing matches, why bother? As far as legendary status, fuckin' hell man, Josh Homme plays second fiddle only to Tony Iommi for the entire stoner genre.

lizard said:
I wonder what he's going into rehab for.
I would guess one of the following:

Feel Good Hit of the Summer

Nicotine, Valium, Vicodin, Marijuana, Ectasy and Alcohol

C-c-c-c-c-cocaine
C-c-c-c-c-cocaine
C-c-cocaine
C-c-c-c-c-cocaine

C-c-c-c-c-cocaine
C-c-c-c-c-cocaine
C-c-cocaine
C-c-c-c-c-cocaine

Nicotine, Valium, Vicodin, Marijuana,

C-c-c-c-c-cocaine

One Inch Man said:
Oh, go back to your Atari shirts. :p

Lolz.

Fun Blag Dahlia story:

Sub Pop, their former label, dropped The Dwarves after they pulled a media prank pretending that guitarist He-Who-Cannot-Be-Named was murdered. Blag Dahlia was the mastermind behind it.

He's also written a book called "Armed To The Teeth With Lipstick". I should read it.

@Henkie: Hey could you upload a sample? I've been wanting to check them out for years, and now especially because of the Nick Oliveri connection.

@Tully: Dude, go listen to Kyuss.

Awesome, thanks. They have a real Iggy Pop thing going for them it seems, pretty cool.