So, I never thought this would happen but....

WOW.

Just... WOW.

I have half a mind to send this to the singer of the band I'm currently recording, and tell him it's a rough mix of the music we've recorded so far just to scare the shit out of him :D

For fucksake guys. Stop taking the piss... like he said... we wrote it two hours before recording it!! I mean.. it's got the boom, so who gives a fuck!!

I bet you guys that none of you could play that exactly like they did! :lol:

whut-2.jpg

I have my first band that is so bad, I had to tell them to go practice A LOT more and come back. I have had some epically bad stuff walk in, but this takes the cake over anything you could shell out at me. I don't care how out of tune or crap tacular you got, this owns it.

We are talking so bad that you can't even make out an arrangement bad. o_O

So bad, you go "where the fuck is the time signature on this?"

So bad that you go "are you trying to play 15, 16th notes in a bar?"

So bad that you go "did you not know where the downbeat falls?

Just bad. But I'm gonna try to work with them, apparently the story is they wrote the song LITERALLY 2 hours before they were supposed to come record it. :erk:

I can beat this!
I had a band that used the same drumbeat on every song...you know the one everyone learns first...8thon hats, snare on 2 and 4, kick on 1 and 3.....
not a fill or anything...just this beat...on every song....
now it comes...
the drummer still couldn't play it, I had to record firt the hat only...quantize...then the kick only...quantize...then the snare only...quantize...
I'm not kidding!
this basic beat and I recorded all three pieces seperately!!!!
they're signed now btw, lol. (and no, I'm not telling you the name ;) )

I can beat this!
I had a band that used the same drumbeat on every song...you know the one everyone learns first...8thon hats, snare on 2 and 4, kick on 1 and 3.....
now it comes...
the drummer still couldn't play it, I had to record firt the hat only...quantize...then the kick only...quantize...then the snare only...quantize...
I'm not kidding!

Lamb of God?

I knew I had to come back to this thread in daytime to blast this headbanging music again :lol:

Seriously, were those guys high on something we don't even know yet?

I'd seriously pay to watch a videotaped rehearshal of those guys, beer in hand :lol:

I can beat this!
now it comes...
I'm not kidding!

fuck, that's when i would've just recorded the awful performance, programmed the shit, and then give the drummer a pat on the back and tell him good job :loco: