So I ordered a C7 Hellraiser today.

Souls of Black

Thrashing Tempest
Jul 2, 2002
Visit site
This will be my first 7 string and I am really looking forward to it. I have been looking at this for over a year now, and finally went for it.

The Scheter dealer I hooked up with beat G-center's price by $133.00. Total price w/o tax is $566.00. Was going to go with the lower price Blackjack, but at this price, had to have the 707's.

Now I just have to wait until 10/20/06. This is going to be a slow few weeks.:lol:

October 20th is wishful thinking, my friend!

You should expect it around the end of November, methinks.

I ordered one and it took two months to get... awesome guitar either way. You'll find that you really have nothing to do with that 7th string at first except to play Nevermore songs! (and come now, you could have just tuned your 6string down to b flat standard to do that... it's not like you're gonna be playing any of the leads until bionic arms become more mainstream :err: )

I must admit, I am not the biggest fan of 7-string rigs. Most folks I've seen that play them might as well be playing a 3-string, 10-fret axe as their focus is limited to the low chunk at the upper left area of the fretboard. that said, there is plenty of potential there. "Dead Heart.." proved that! Good Luck!

Duckhat said:
October 20th is wishful thinking, my friend!

You should expect it around the end of November, methinks.

I ordered one and it took two months to get... awesome guitar either way. You'll find that you really have nothing to do with that 7th string at first except to play Nevermore songs! (and come now, you could have just tuned your 6string down to b flat standard to do that... it's not like you're gonna be playing any of the leads until bionic arms become more mainstream :err: )

Oh man, that sux. I hope like hell it does not take that long.:mad:

NeonBlack69 said:
I must admit, I am not the biggest fan of 7-string rigs. Most folks I've seen that play them might as well be playing a 3-string, 10-fret axe as their focus is limited to the low chunk at the upper left area of the fretboard. that said, there is plenty of potential there. "Dead Heart.." proved that! Good Luck!

Fewer and fewer do that now - most of that camp have just switched to baritones. Personally, I'd much rather have a 7 and my high E string, but that may just be me...

I just picked up a Black Hellraiser 7 last month.
I paid the standard $699.00 for mine.
It was the only one in any store that I could find in the Boston area.
Great guitar for the money. You got a great deal on yours.
All I've been playing since I got it is Nevermore :kickass:
One you get used to the size of the neck it's really not
a problem to shred on it, it's actually a pretty comfortable neck.
Enjoy! !!
I freaking love mine , I hope they put one out with a floyd on it
I will be all over that!
If I could get one with a floyd and a maple fret board, My other guitars
would just sit and their cases and age.:heh:

My mate also got one of these in the last few months. Its an awesome axe, very metal. Though it seems to do well with other stlyings.

Since he got it one other friend has got a Schecter and another is going to get one soon AND another will be checking them out.

So yeh very good for money and there is nothing wrong with a 7 string aslong as you play it well and tastefully.

Well honestly you probably will have better luck than me since you got it from an actual big-time Schecter dealer. Guitarcenter hung up on me when I asked them about ordering one (YES, HUNG UP ON ME) and when I called back they said they had no way to get one. I finally ended up getting another place to order it but supposedly the factory was out and was waiting for more to come from Korea (I think?). That was also last March.

Well I went to see this dealer last night and was very impressed. Really nice guy and very knowledgeable. He also builds amps and wraps custom pickups.

I tell you, it's the little things too, G-center is such wankers and rude to boot. This guy spent almost 45 minutes talking to me and gave me a bunch of free shit as well (really cool Seymor Duncan shirt and other stuff). I will probably make this guy my new dealer for everything.

Dude I just ordered one at about 700 - can you tell me where you bought it from so I can force Guitar Center to price match? I always love saving about 150 bucks :)

FretsAflame said:
Dude I just ordered one at about 700 - can you tell me where you bought it from so I can force Guitar Center to price match? I always love saving about 150 bucks :)

Unfortunatly the first question he asked was "Are you a dealer?" So I am sure he will not quote the same price to a GC rep.

You can certainly try: Tema Guitar431 Beecher St.Ravenna, OH 44266Phone: 330-325-2279