So I put a guitar string through an electron microscope. (for broadband users lol)

kev

Im guybrush threepwood
Jun 16, 2004
Bristol, United Kingdom
www.myspace.com
Guitar Geek Time! :D So i work for Rolls Royce in the UK who do a lot of testing on broken/fatigued parts of aircraft engines and stuff. (yes they dont just make cars :D) To do this testing one of the things they use is this uber electron microscope called a "jetscan". Whilst walking past oneday I thought i'd make some personal use of it with my mates help/guidance (i just work in the IT sector of the company so dont do any weird testing and stuff myself). So I put a brand new d'addario Low B string into it, and here is what happend LOL! :kickass: Surprisingly covered in shite for a new string haha.

KEV1.jpg

KEV2.jpg

KEV3.jpg

KEV4.jpg

KEV5.jpg

KEV6.jpg

KEV7.jpg

KEV8.jpg

Nice one, dude. Time to change string brands methinks!

Haha, you think other strings look better? We need a shootout! :D

I've seen that done before somewhere (but might have been with bass strings). That was when I understood why you have so much wear on your fingertips and get callouses or blisters. Strings just aren't as round as they seem to the eye...

dude, drop some saliva or some dead skin. It's way cooler to see cells with an electron microscope than metal :p. Though I don't think that one works like the ones used for medicine