so im building my own Rhoads. . .

How should I apint My Rhoads

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
what are you going to finish that body with bob? nitrocelulose laquer then color? or poly then color? would you mind sending me a tracing of that body man, im getting ready to build a 27 fret neckthru rhodes with a quilted maple top and the pinstripes will be done in paua abalone, if you can do a tracing of the body, send it to goth_fiend2003@yahoo.com thanks man! :headbang:

goth_fiend said:
what are you going to finish that body with bob? nitrocelulose laquer then color? or poly then color? would you mind sending me a tracing of that body man, im getting ready to build a 27 fret neckthru rhodes with a quilted maple top and the pinstripes will be done in paua abalone, if you can do a tracing of the body, send it to goth_fiend2003@yahoo.com thanks man! :headbang:

Abalone pins? SEXY AS FUCK!

hey bobvex
i've seen that you've bought j50bc or je1000(cant remember) from JCF
have you tried them?? what are they like? and how much did you pay for it

goth_fiend said:
*cums*

good lord that sounds nice as fuck. . esp the quilted top *drool*. if you to a quited top, though, i reccomend a transparent finish, to expose that beauty of a guitar. . .the guy from trans siberian orchestra has a natural finish quited maple top. . its sexy as fuck. . .and the abalone pins. . .:worship: :worship: i need to make a neck thru. . .oh. . a good bood to get, me and needled both have it is "make your own electric Guitar" by Melvyn Hiscock. it is a great asset. . .

and i will be finishing my guitar with nitrocellulose stuff i got from stewart Macdonald (www.stewmac.com), and some guitar polish

xjimmyleungx said:
hey bobvex
i've seen that you've bought j50bc or je1000(cant remember) from JCF
have you tried them?? what are they like? and how much did you pay for it
i have both of those and have tried neither yet. . .the JE-1000 doesnt have the volume pot or the mini toggle switch, so i need to get those and get it all fixed up and stuff. . .im gonna put new wires on it. . the wires are about 20 years old. and the j50 BC i have is not the american model. . .which is what i am ultimately looking for. . .and also one of those oversized pickup covers. . .

for this guitar it looks like i will be going with an EMG HZ-H4 and a pa2 Booster :D the way my cleans aren't cruchy like with a 81, and i can get that extra distortion if i want also.

oh the pa2 booster is cool too but i heard its quite different from the je1000 kind of boost..o well i think it'll go well with the emg hz
anyways here a site:
http://www.onlinerock.com/musicians/wesco27/
i'm not sure if you need these misc parts or not, but this JCF member sells great jackson parts and i think you'll get them with a discounted price if u say you are a jcf member...probably you know this site already anyways...
oh well...just thought that MIGHT help a bit.

goth_fiend said:

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
that sounds unbelievable! :headbang:

xjimmyleungx said:
oh the pa2 booster is cool too but i heard its quite different from the je1000 kind of boost..o well i think it'll go well with the emg hz
anyways here a site:
http://www.onlinerock.com/musicians/wesco27/
i'm not sure if you need these misc parts or not, but this JCF member sells great jackson parts and i think you'll get them with a discounted price if u say you are a jcf member...probably you know this site already anyways...
oh well...just thought that MIGHT help a bit.
yeah thats a good site, but its all replicas not originals. . .

bob, im not sure what color im going to do it in but it will prolly be trans. black or green, do you think you could trace it like i asked? by the way, dont ever get the emg-hz's if your going to go with high output passive hums get either a X2N or a Invader, i have both and there very brutal pickups, i perfer to use the invader in a coil tapped mode, sounds just as good as my 81/60 combo, thanks for the comments on my rhodes guys, but i cant get started on it until i have a template, so like i said bob, if you would be willing to trace that body on a peice of posterboard for me and send it too me i will pay for the shipping and it would kick some hard core ass!

goth_fiend said:
by the way, dont ever get the emg-hz's if your going to go with high output passive hums get either a X2N or a Invader, i have both and there very brutal pickups, i perfer to use the invader in a coil tapped mode, sounds just as good as my 81/60 combo
thats what the pa-2 is for, its a active gain booster that adds 20dB of gain to my pickups. my reasoning is that i may need some clean sounds and the 81 can't give me that so well.

thanks for the comments on my rhodes guys, but i cant get started on it until i have a template, so like i said bob, if you would be willing to trace that body on a peice of posterboard for me and send it too me i will pay for the shipping and it would kick some hard core ass!
yeah i can do that. . . or you can go here and design it (except for the maple top) and use that as your template. but PM me your home address so that i can send it out next week.

i dont have PM, but like i said before my email is goth_fiend2003@yahoo.com
i will send you some cash to cover shipping for the plan and all, so send me a mail and we will trade info, thanks man, you will be one of the first to see her when she's finished!

bobvex said:
I am building a jackson Randy Rhoads,
and i need to decide on a paint job. . .

White%20Jackson%201.JPG

White%20Jackson%202.JPG

White%20Jackson%203.JPG

or #4

White%20Jackson%204.JPG

and the one Krigloch really likes, but i cant post it in the poll

White%20Jackson%205.jpg

i will keep you all updated. .
What's the link to that editor page ?

goth_fiend said:
so where you at with the rhodes man, any progress to report?
well, i went over there last Friday to Drop of an Original Floyd Rose for the Routing template, and he hadnt started it. (hey, he's a lonely guy, with lots of projects, plus im getting all this shit done for less than $100) I Believe he has started it now, and as soon as i get it back, i will trace it out and measure it up for you, goth_fiend. and despite what the pictures show, i will be going with Chrome Hardware, because i already have most of it, and i dont want to have to buy a bunch of new shit. pickup wise, if i can get my hands on a USA J-50 BC i will use that in conjunction wiht my gain booster. If i cant get a hold of one, i will use EMG HZ-H4 with a PA-2 Gain booster. The guy at DrumCity0-Guitarland is getting them in about a month, so i will pick one up then.

it looks like a close call between #2 and #3 people, and those are the ones i like.

Status
Not open for further replies.