So I'm gonna be in Israel for 9 months...

coolsnow7

Raining Blood
Mar 20, 2004
NYC
And I have a few general questions, for all those willing to answer.

1) Where is the metal scene centered at, for the most part? Where are the shows and stuff? How can I find out about them? Oh and band recommendations (besides OL, obviously) are helpful :)

2) How can I find out about live music in general? Particularly in Jerusalem, if anyone knows...

3) What do most Israelis drink?

Thanks!

You lucky guy :)

1) Mostly Tel Aviv. All info at the Metal Shop, Frishman Street, where Uri works.

2) In Jerusalem, you'll find a lot of pubs outside of the all city, around Jaffa Road.

3) Bier and lemonana :D

Yannick is probably the best guide for touring in Israel!
;)

about the metal scene (which is quite small) you mostly find out things in the internet forums (in hebrew)......but I guess you will get into this forum from time to time, and we will gladly inform you about metal concerts and events...
lately there are quite a lot of metal bands which coming to Israel (we are not used to this).....
I don't know when are you coming but....

30.8.07 there is a concert of Threion and Draconian (and the Israeli Distorted).
6.10.07 Nightwish

both in Tel Aviv of course.....
I don't remember if there are more interesting upcoming metal gigs at the time.

in Jerusalem you can find a lot of great places to go out to.....
the most interesting gigs you will see in a place called "yellow submerine" (tzolelet tzehuba).

and Israelis drink almost everything! (I see you are from the states......so important to add you won't find here starbucks coffee, but better ones!!!, nor Dr. Peppers)

:)

for any other questions......we are here to answer!

Hey, thanks everyone!

Yeah I heard about the Therion and Nightwish shows, I think I might make both. And I speak Hebrew pretty well, can you link me? Thanks!

hey Therion will be in my town in december with Gorgoroth and Enslaved!

@coolsnow7: there are lots of pub everywhere as Mike's place with some small lives ! funny !

Just got back from therion show, was good...
I'd tell you to keep urself updated via Hadran.co.il, you might find nice shows, jethro tull just did 3 shows in Israel and Chick Corea did one...
Nightwish will do one soon and so does Avishai Cohen, if you like that type of jazz, you may also use google as a source or
http://zappa-club.co.il/Shows.asp
http://barby.co.il/ShowClub.asp?c=1
http://barby.co.il/ShowClub.asp?c=2
if your good with hebrew, if not - grab the jerusalem post every friday or weekly and read it, theres alot about culture (music shows, theatres,etc...)
have fun in Israel dude, stay away from the arsim and enjoy the women / weather / food / vibes !

And I have a few general questions, for all those willing to answer.

1) Where is the metal scene centered at, for the most part? Where are the shows and stuff? How can I find out about them? Oh and band recommendations (besides OL, obviously) are helpful :)

2) How can I find out about live music in general? Particularly in Jerusalem, if anyone knows...

3) What do most Israelis drink?

Thanks!

1) Tel Aviv, mainly, tho here and there you find cool productions in Haifa and Jerusalem.

2) probably online and in metal forums.

3) Israeli beer - Goldstar is probably the most popular beer in metal events, ofcourse theres all the other drinks which you can find everywhere.

1) Tel Aviv, mainly, tho here and there you find cool productions in Haifa and Jerusalem.

2) probably online and in metal forums.

3) Israeli beer - Goldstar is probably the most popular beer in metal events, ofcourse theres all the other drinks which you can find everywhere.

What strength are Israeli Beers, Avi?

Oh and As I have not checked this forum in months.
Hello to you :wave::)

Israeli beer are medium minus in my opinion.. on tap you get only goldstar, I think in the past you had Maccabbi too but its all bottled now and the taps you have are mainly heineken, carlsberg, Irish and Belguin beers.

Aright here's another question for the musicians around. Where can I get as cheap an amp as possible? Are there any used instrument places around?