so I'm listening to Darkthrone - Too Old Too Cold

AsModEe

also known as ass-mode
Feb 13, 2004
Québec City
And I wonder what's the hype with this band. The riffs are utterly boring and simplistic, and if they're all about being evil and all, why do they have to sound like an 80s rock band? That's the complete opposite. What the fuck man? My brother could have written the same music when he was 6 years old ( he started playing guitar at 7 )

pcard_shhh.jpg

I hope this is a joke.

I might not be the biggest DT fan, but A Blaze In The Northern Sky, Transylvanian Hunger, Under A Funeral Moon, Panzerfaust...damn.

AsModEe said:
nope I've also heard their older songs, but why judging a band by a sound they don't use anymore?

Well, it's the way you wrote it..."what's the hype with this band..."

The hype is because of their early classics, and I guess b/c many people like their recent black punk n' roll direction (me included).

Oh my, you discovered a flaw in the logic of 30 year old man who has nothing better to do on a sunday night than to sit around and chat on message boards. Well done, champ. :)

Crimson Velvet said:
Oh my, you discovered a flaw in the logic of 30 year old man who has nothing better to do on a sunday night than to sit around and chat on message boards. Well done, champ. :)

lollerz

it's like Sat. night here, b/c tomorrow is a national holiday (for many, not all), so no work! Hurrah!

crimson: I've got some tasty new BM recommendations to share with you soon :)

AsModEe said:
My brother could have written the same music when he was 6 years old ( he started playing guitar at 7 )

*rimshot*

New stuff might be too punky for you, and the old too gr1m. Give Panzerfaust a shot.

600.jpg

All BM should have this type of production.