so I'm listening to Darkthrone - Too Old Too Cold

i sold Hate Them but kept Pennsylvanian Hunger because about 3 times a year i enjoy it. oh and fuck cold weather or some forest or other bullshit, the only outside influence necessary to enjoy Darkthrone is beer.

beer. weed. snowy forests. sitting beside a river or lake at night. All are good times. Or just opening the window on a fucking cold night and shivering int he dark.

everyone needs hunger and blaze. beyond that, the rest is for people who really dig em all the time. I listen to dark throne 3 or 4 times every winter, and once or twice on camping trips. 'tis it.

A Blaze In The Northern Sky and Transilvanian Hunger are the barebones Darkthrone essentials, I agree.

In my personal opinion these two albums define the genre better than any other album out there.

I also have panzerfaust and Hate Them (found it for $4 at A&B sound), i just don't listen to them much. Every once in a while i get a darkthrone kick for a few days, and beyond that, it's the kind of stuff I fire up when I feel like being alone, so I'll go out in the woods by the lake to do so.

Birkenau said:
People who like good music wouldn't like Darkthrone. :confused:
nor would they fucking like IMPERIAL CRYSTALLINE ENTOMBMENT.

yes you saw it coming from 500 miles away but you deserve it you ugly bastard

you know this might come as a total fucking surprise to you, but as i had to review it for royal carnage, i had to actually LISTEN to it as well

it sucked