...so I'm sitting at Gatwick airport....

fluffygutss

Aug 17, 2009
Perth, Australia
www.myspace.com
waiting to fly to Prague.
at Gate 21 like the Easy Jet lady said.
wondering why the fuckduster there's only 3 other people here.

wrong gate.

wrong, 20 minute walk away from the right gate, gate.

missed the flight.

Is it just me or do Easy Jet make a habit of this because they've gained another 100 pounds from us ($250 Australian) and also another 100 from the brazillian couple.

and guess what! there's no rooms available in any hotels nearby!

who has some metalhead sympathy for me? ........:worship:

so anyway how's the progpower fans going? entertain me whilst I sit here on the tiled floor listening to the Damnation album...all sobbing n shit.

*************** E A S Y F A I L . C O M ******************

Nasty! I had some airport trouble myself on my flight from Madrid (Spain) to Dallas/Ft. Worth (TX, USA). I flew Iberia from Amsterdam to Madrid, no problems there. Then I was gonna be on an American Airlines flight from Madrid to Dallas. So I boarded, everything good and fine. Then the pilot comes over the intercom "Hey, um, it's 10 degrees celcius warmer than we anticipated all of a sudden, so we're gonna be doing some new calculations on the fuel/weight ratio, just to make sure we make the flight. Nothing to worry about"

About 10 minutes later we see the stewards and stewardesses all panicking and the captain coming over the intercom again "So we unloaded the cargo to make the airplane lighter, but we can't leave yet. Just a few minutes of your patience please!". So we wait a few minutes and then the head 'airhostess' has an announcement for us: "Hey, we're still too heavy, can we get some volunteers that get off the plane, we'll unload your luggage and we'll pay for your hotel and everything". So after about an hour 41 people volunteered (most after they started offering 500 US dollar travel vouchers on top of hotel costs and all). And it still wasn't enough....

So to cut the crap, in the end they unloaded ALL the luggage, so none of us arrived with our clothing and stuff at our final destination. They couldn't partially unload, cos the pilots can only stay 'active' for a certain amount of time after which they're not allowed to fly anymore according to regulations. So they unloaded everything, instead of taking the time to partially unload, in order to make the flight go at all. They didn't tell us they unloaded all the luggage till after we departed too :p

my advice: don't fly American Airlines :p They're nothing but trouble :p

@ cello: what kind of plane were they flying, a triplane r something? Or was every passenger morbidly obese?

@fluffyguts: better luck next time, all will be well as long as you make it to PP on time.

A Boeing 767, actually :p No idea how their reasoning was that some 40 odd people would make much of a difference on a 7500km flight though :p Besides, you'd think that they're used to this kinda stuff, since it's a daily flight over...

I usually remain at places with a monitor in sight until boarding since in Barcelona my plane switched gates 4 times. I literally jumped into the plane at the ast second.

They charged you because you went to the wrong gate? Wow, that sucks. I've never been charged for being put on another flight, even when it was my own damn fault. They didn't even charge me the time I got ON THE WRONG PLANE and ended up about five hundred miles north of where I was supposed to be - they just put me on the next flight to where I needed to go. (it was only half my fault, though, as the attendant at the gate had been tearing tickets by hand rather than scanning them, so there was no alert that I was in the wrong line.)

oh yeah, it sucked really bad...especially when this incredibly plastered Scottish woman started power chucking across the dining hall in the airport. If we were going to be able to sleep, that pretty much would have ruined our chances hahahaha

mmmmm Czech absinthe.....should I bring some to PP? Or is there better in Netherlands?

Any booze thats brought to the castle will be devoured, if not by us the Fins will grab a hold of it and chuck it down :p Sure, bring some :p

I promise Kalle I'll bring some better whiskey this time around :p Shame Kenneth won't be around to drink some with us though.