So I'm sitting here enjoying Headbanger's Ball (for the most part)

PlatypusJesus

A Dead Sun Serenity
Aug 24, 2002
Visit site
It has been pretty good so far tonight. They played Nevermore-Enemies of Reality right before a commercial. Then....when they came back...they played the video for Probot-Shake Your Blood with Lemmy..........and.............the little title that they showed for the video said:

Nevermore
"Enemies of Reality"
Century Media

......*shakes head* This is supposed to be a professional show. Now someone just tuning in at that exact moment is going to think that was Nevermore.

nooooooo

we lose a maybe-to-be fan that thought Probot had totally changed their style, and/or looks/members. Anyways, if this person WOULD be interestied in either song, he'd find out more and find out how it really listened.

Still, since im no american foo, i don't really care.
We dont get that kind of music around here at all :(

No karmic, I mean someone just tuning in when the Probot video came on and missed the actual Nevermore-Enemies of Reality video.

The Lemmy/Wino song, Eric Wagner song, Kind Diamong song, Cronos song , that i listened to, are divine, pure heavy metal adapted to each of the singer's personal bands style. The Probot album is going to be amazing .

I thought Tom Arays was supposed to be with that band... that probobly would've made me care about them more. But they have Eric Wagner, which is even better. Still ... Dave Grohl? I guess I'm glad he stuck to the drums in this band, though. He's the single person who inspired me to start playing drums.
I heard "Shake Your Blood", which reminds me of Motorhead but heavier. Not really a Motorhead fan, though, sorry. And the gratuitus girl-on-girl-whipping-each-other action is a little bit too much for me.
And there's another song of theirs called "My Tortured Soul", which they did a live preformance of on the 'Ball. Eric Wagner on vocals, sounds very much like Trouble, very doomy, and I love it, despite the title. The average age of the guys in that band is about 35, and they're all heavy metal stars. I think it's written on a tablet somewhere that those people do not have "tortured souls" Great song nonetheless.
But I really doubt they have anything else worth listening too.

I saw Headbangers Ball the new version, for the first time last night. In over TEN YEARS!

I missed half of the Nevermore vid, but that was okay...I'll see it again. Then this new song starts saying it's Nevermore, when it's obviously not, and thought the same thing as LOM did. WOW! Way to go professionals. Anyway, compared to the earliest Headbanbers to now...I would say it's half of what it used to be. I was glad to see the Nevermore, realized how many fucking hardcore bands there are, think DevilDriver is scream-core (I just made that up last night.) Don't like Mastodon at ALL, but saw a Testament video, so I was very happy. There was some cool stuff, I do admit that. The DIMMU vid was the best I may have ever seen.

So, let's move onto my boyfriend, who isn't really metal friendly anymore....(he likes some, but not as much as I think would work for us.) "So, what? Does everyone do these deathy vocals?" "Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha [In regards to the vocs on the dimmu vid]", "WHo the fuck is this? THis isn't Motorhead! That's Lemmy though....honey, who's this?" "Who the fuck is that?" "What is this shit?" "That dude could really sing. If he wanted to." "Who's most precious spilled blood?" ME: "That's not there name." Him: "I don't like this." "I liked them." --The bronx.

He may have liked the Nevermore!!! And the Everygrey he didn't say a bad word about, either. he almost liked the In flames. "That's not tooooo bad." ME: "I have some discs, want to listen to them" "No. Not really." Hmft. I do catch him with Pantera now and then. I should consider myself fortunate for that at least.

I had heard HBB went to more of a hardcore fan base, and now I realize that's true. I'm not sure it's worth it wade through all the other stuff, to get to the stuff I care about.

I wish I was the host for one evening. Just one! Let me at them!