So is Epic your CD of the year?

hehe, I dont know, in my opnion

1° windir - valfar, ein windir
but the 2° one is epic =D
and the 3° manegarm - vargaresa ( I know it's their demos, but it's new for me hehe)

I can't even find my copy! :cry: I know which CD case it's in...I just don't know where that one is!

As for Album of 2004, that would have to go to...shit, I forgot. :D

I'll be back on that one.

For me, it is... when I buy an album I copy it to my portable mp3player and as its capacity is only 256MB, I have to delete stuff to enter the new... and EPIC remained untouchable since first day :) followed closely by ayreon's The Human Equation...
rock on

N1 - Peccatum's "Lost in Reverie" totally charmed by this album
N2 - Electric Universe's "Cosmic Experience" it's not metal though is quite good
N3 - Borknagar's "Epic" a quality album indeed

for me... no. Its still a good album but not as good as Empiricism, The ArchaicCourse or The Olden Domain.

Albums of the year:
1. Enslaved: Isa
2. Sear Bliss: Glory and Perdition
3. Bloodbath: Nightmares Made Flesh
4. My Dying Bride: Songs of Darkness, Words of Light
5. Decapitated: The Negation

Okay, now I remembered why I couldn't remember which CD is my favorite from this year (as far as new releases go); too many options. It was actually a fairly good year for music releases. :)

Thus far, it's a four-way tie between:

Neurosis - The Eye of Every Storm
Borknagar - Epic
PJ Harvey - Uh Huh Her
Bjork - Medulla

Guess I'll have to spend Thursday listening to them all to finalize my decision - if I can find my copy of Epic. :ill: Where's that CD case?

I would say Insomnium - since the day it all came down - it's about as good as melodic death metal gets, orphaned land with their stunning 'Mabool' epic - riverside, opera IX are two other greats.

It is #3 on my Best Of 2004 list...

This is my complete list...

1. WINTERSUN by Wintersun
2. THE GLORIOUS BURDEN by Iced Earth
3. EPIC by Borknagar
4. FATE OF NORNS by Amon Amarth
5. THE FOCUSING BLUR by Vintersorg
6. THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED by Megadeth
7. NATTFODD by Finntroll
8. HANGOVER MUSIC VOL. VI by Black Label Society
9. SYMPHONY OF ENCHANTED LANDS II-THE DARK SECRET by Rhapsody
10. LEVIATHAN by Mastadon

It's the only album released in 2004 that I've bought or even heard, but no, it's not my CD of the year. It's still pretty good though.

Yes, it is. Even though I did not have much albums from 2004. Somehow this year I spent much more on getting old CD's than 2004 releases...

Well, if I remember correctly, my 'Best Album of 2004' vote went for Vintersorg - The Focusing Blur. I'm having trouble remembering what I've bought that was released last year, though, because I bought a LOT of fucking CDs. Katatonia - Brave Yester Days was way up there, but then, the material on that release was not new, so I can't really count it. Leviathan - 'Telepathic with the Deceased' is awesome, too....