So is Epic your CD of the year?

Mantraschism said:
my 'Best Album of 2004' vote went for Vintersorg - The Focusing Blur.
same here. I can honestly say that I'm constantly listening to this album for almost a year now and I'm STILL not tired of it. Perhaps only the next V album is going to cure me ;)

For me it's a tie between Vintersorg's Focusing Blur or Amon Amarth's Fate of Norns

But dont get me wrong, Epic is a very good album, but it's not nearly as good as Empiricism-the best Borknagar album ever made in my opinion.

Oh shit, yes, I did mean XASTHUR - Telepathic With The Deceased! Can't believe I did that. Leviathan's 'Tentacles of Whorror' is really good, too. I think, though, that perhaps the one album that really grabbed me by the throat was the NEWEST Xasthur, 'To Violate The Oblivious'. Malefic's best offering to date, definitely. It's so great.

Speaking of Xasthur, I am probably the only one within fifty miles of here, at least, who has a XASTHUR shirt! \m/ Yay! So I get to pimp out a band whose logo is not even readable. lol I'm sure Malefic would hate me for it, based on his interviews. Hehehe...