Bought And Listened To EPIC...

Innipunn said:
QUOTE=skidzo:
"take me for e. i listened to their records to often so I can't judge anymore.
That's because their linked to (personal) emotions I had when listening."

Yes! The quintessence album reminds me of christmas because I got it for Christmas.

It's Just like Øystein G. Brun said once in an Interwiev: "What we listen to is soundtrack the of our lives" or something like that...

I mean yeah! I of course hope that all humans agree on that topic
I listen to this band since 1997, one can simply imagine that I had a lot of emotions since then.
and that's definately why I love Borknagar so much.
But its also not the only reason; music is to fucking mulifactorial to describe or even judge it within a sequence of words...

Thats funny because I was just thinking about how certain albums or bands remind me of different places or times.
Like whenever I hear the Olden Domain I think of collecting rocks at a beach during the autumn while the sun is going down because while I was there I was addicted to that album and had it playing in my headphones. Now whenever I hear it, I think of that landscape. :cool:
Another one that comes to mind is Dragonlord, whenever I hear them I think of the art museum.

Trollwandering said:
Thats funny because I was just thinking about how certain albums or bands remind me of different places or times.
Same for me. Music reminds me for ex. places I was in when listening to a certain album, or in a lot of cases to books I was reading when I listened to a CD.

When I bought Empiricism, I was reading a book about the first half ot the 20th century in China, and ever since when I hear Emp, I am reminded to that book, or rather, to the overall atmospehere and some happenings described in that book. Sort of odd, since China and Bork's music has not really much in common.