Bought And Listened To EPIC...

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
Let me just stress this right now.

EPIC is a Borknagar CD (if you didn't know by now :tickled: ).

And a Borknagar CD is a great CD.

However, something crazy has been happening. I've been listening to EMPIRICISM nonstop. It's becoming one of my favourite CD's of all time. And though EPIC is great, it, in my opinion, is not as great as EMPIRICISM.

Mabye it's just too new to me and EMPIRICISM is in constant replay. But I don't think the ideas are there. The songs aren't as memorable. I mean, when you get "The Genuine Pulse" and that infectious keyboard line right into "Gods Of My World..." I mean EMPIRICISM is relentless! And in my opinion the vocal arrangements destroy EPIC's. I would even go as far to say that EMPIRICISM is more 'epic' than EPIC. But, again I stress this, EPIC is in no way a bad CD. In fact it's very good. I just need to give it more of a shot.

By the way...if I've become so crazy over EMPIRICISM, would anything else top it? I can't imagine another Borknagar CD being better... :ill:

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
By the way...if I've become so crazy over EMPIRICISM, would anything else top it? I can't imagine another Borknagar CD being better... :ill:
Buy "The Archaic Course" and shut up!

-Ez

I'm sorry, but this is very exciting for me! :tickled:

And I thought this would be a good thread since I've seen so many praising EPIC as their best when I've PROVEN OTHERWISE! :Spin:

Joking, of course. But I would think that people would see EMPIRICISM as the masterwork that it is...

Or just buy all of the albums and judge again later...
...when you've heard them

but you can still just shut up like Ez said

take me for e. i listened to their records to often so I can't judge anymore.
That's because their linked to (personal) emotions I had when listening.

It's up to you

Cheers mates!

QUOTE=skidzo:
"take me for e. i listened to their records to often so I can't judge anymore.
That's because their linked to (personal) emotions I had when listening."

Yes! The quintessence album reminds me of christmas because I got it for Christmas.

It's Just like Øystein G. Brun said once in an Interwiev: "What we listen to is soundtrack the of our lives" or something like that...