So IS The Black Sessions out in America?

Mantraschism

Skáld
Oct 23, 2002
Augusta, GA (Lost in the Twilight Hall)
I'm a bit confused. I just came from The End Records, and they have 'The Black Sessions' listed as 'Coming Soon'. Okay, I think, that makes sense. So then I proceed into the site, look up Katatonia stuff... and there it is. Right there, ready for me to 'Add to shopping cart'. WTF? So HAS it been released in the U.S. already? This is just like with 'Nightmares Made Flesh' -- they had it listed, and people said it wasn't out here yet, and now I see that NMF is gone. Anyone care to tell me what's going on before I do anything rash?

Mantraschism said:
I'm a bit confused. I just came from The End Records, and they have 'The Black Sessions' listed as 'Coming Soon'. Okay, I think, that makes sense. So then I proceed into the site, look up Katatonia stuff... and there it is. Right there, ready for me to 'Add to shopping cart'. WTF? So HAS it been released in the U.S. already? This is just like with 'Nightmares Made Flesh' -- they had it listed, and people said it wasn't out here yet, and now I see that NMF is gone. Anyone care to tell me what's going on before I do anything rash?

This means The End records has the US edition of the black session already. A LOT of times, the end lets customers order cd's that's not OFFICIALY out in the states. Just look at that new nightrage cd, US date is April 5, yet they have it for sale already. Same thing with the black session, i believe the official date release in the states is March 29. These are for sale, not pre-order.

I think this is because the distributors just happens to let these mailorder companies have them early. Same thing happens with Century media, they let customers preorder bloodbath and impaled but its not officialy out in the states.

Well, I had already ordered it from someone off eBay before I went to The End Records (apparently a good decision, since I got an email from the guy last night saying he was sending out my The Black Sessions today). Thanks for filling me in, though.

I ordered it from PHD Distributions Canada, a west coast company that distributes to record stores, etc. They had it in for $20 Canadian a couple of weeks ago, and i think it shipped last week. Sure beats payin 17.99 british pounds, or even 25$ US from The End!!

The End has sent my copy out. Should be here in a week or so.
But it was 25 buckeroos.

I didn't have any intensions on buying that compellation..but I was in a music store today...and there it was just looking at me....and then i bought it. o_O Price...36$ so i guess it wasn't that bad

Ordered it about a week ago or two ago from PHD, cost 27ish Canadian with shipping. Got here yesterday. Anyone wanna buy a disc1, I got an extra one in mine :p

Vittra said:
Ordered it about a week ago or two ago from PHD, cost 27ish Canadian with shipping. Got here yesterday. Anyone wanna buy a disc1, I got an extra one in mine :p

o_O Out there in the world there is a package with a disc missing o_O

I ordered it last Saturday from the End..and it got here yesterday. Free shipping. less than a week. I don' thtink you can get much better than that.