The Black Sessions

Hey Anders!

Katatonia really should come to Hawaii. (Yes, I'm kidding, because this will never happen.)

I intend on purchasing "The Black Sessions" as soon as I can. It looks to be a great compilation.

This artwork really is incredible. Probably the picture that I find scariest in its implications is the one where you see the bum in hat on the second story of the building, looking over the rail. It really makes you wonder what he's thinking. And the picture of him looking at the statue of the angel is incredibly sad, too, but in an obscure way. I can't really put it into words well, but it seems like he saw the angel's face and knew what he had to do, whatever that is. All of the pictures, really. I love the one where you see the cross at the top of the stairs. I'd really like to know what the story is of the bum in hat, if there is an official one. Really great stuff.

I have tried several times now....but i have to say, i cant watch the dvd from first to last second or i will go nuts with major headache. its disgusting.........something really cool destroyed

I'd rather buy each individual CD than get a compilation... cause then you end up paying for songs twice...

And I don't wanna buy this compilation also because I'm waiting for the new DVD they said they were releasing, I heard some cool stuff about this one but I'd really rather wait for the big deal... :D A 2 or 3 hour performance would be awesome - or a 2 hour performance with a 1 hour documentary....... <3 <3

p.s. blakkheim, I couldn't read what you typed cause it didn't have Z's instead of S's and also you had too many C's instead of K's!! :(

I bought it for the unreleased tracks and the DVD, really, so I'm not too bothered with what wasn't put on the compilation. For everything else I can just listen to the original albums. Good comp for someone wanting to hear what new-era Katatonia is about, though. I've actually recommended it to someone who recently said they wanted to check more of their stuff out after I showed them a couple of songs.