So I've been visiting the KatV studio a bit lately...

Mr Toast

Threadslayer
Aug 1, 2002
www.mrtoast.com
Since I live nearby, and visit the Kat V studio fairly often (Dustin and I are collaborating on another website, and catching him at the studio usually works best), I've been very fortunate to hear a lot of the material the Kat V guys are working on for the third album...

Let me tell you people that, if you thought New Breed was awesome, the new material will definitely not dissapoint. Definitely some of the best material they've come up with yet!!!

The guys are currently putting very long hours in at the studio these days getting all the tracks laid down. At their current pace, things look good for an early '05 release, if everything works out as planned.

This is also why the guys haven't scheduled any gigs so far this year. This has allowed them to completely focus on the new album, and their efforts are producing some awesome new tunes!!!

Dustin has hinted to me that he will have a lot more info to share over the coming weeks and months, so be patient!!!

:hotjump:

Later!
<*-*>

Yes indeed. ;)

There are many o' things abound, in fact Mr. Luna can also confirm this as he had dropped by the studio during tracking Matts drums for the demo recording sessions last week (which is still going on... almost finished with the demo material!)

...unfortuantly, there is not a lot of info I can divulge in any area right now. This is due to the fact that there are some changes going on right now on the buisness side of things, and nothing can be confirmed or denied until things have been finalized on our end as well as a few others. This is also why there have been little or no updates of any kind on the website, the forum or thorugh the mailing list, ect. ect.

Nothing bad, in fact its all very good stuff... there is just a sort of...how shall I say... a changing of the guard happening right now? :loco:

do I sound a bit vauge? ...yup!

There will bit a HUGE amount of news to report fairly soon, probably in the next month or two... but nothing can be said right now. All I can say is, Katagory V is keeping VERY busy, and that the new album will be a brilliant suprise and worth the hard work were putting into it. Were dying to make some of these "new" announcemnts, but we don't want to get the cart in front of the horse. :D

So in the mean time... the Katagory V forum is now called "Katagory V's anything goes!" Forum, so chat it up about whatever subjects you want, and I'll be sure to pop in and hang out with the rest of you chaps. Hell, maybe if the forum starts moving again, Marc will even stop in and say "hello"! LOL! :lol: and I'm sure taht's all he'll say... he is man of few words, but a damn fine guitarist! ;)

\m/
Dustin

Oh, I dunno, he was fairly talkative when I dropped by. It was good to see you boys again, I'll have to come by more often. :wave:

And, thus far, I'm very impressed with the new material. Looking forward to hearing how it all turns out. Mr Dustin was also rather more loquacious than I'm sure he'd like to admit regarding his otherwise vague comments here, but of course I'm sworn to silence...

And, as always, I'm proud to be able to call one of my favourite bands my friends as well. :headbang:

Progged said:
I'm not too certain you should be using words with more than two syllables when referring to the D man...
LMAO!! :tickled:

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have to look that one up, Chan! :Spin:
Good to see you over here my bortha'! I hope your A/C is holding up out there in AZ!

To be quite honest, I can't belive Mr. Luna used such an interesting word! ...this is coming from a Brit that has no qualms on using his native tounge by applying the "C-word" in phrases while in mixed company! Hehehehe!

In fact, Marc was still chuckling a few days later at the studio about what Mr. Luna said about quiting his bad habit.... He doesn't call them ciggeretts! We love him like one of the family!

\m/
Dustin
(laughing at the ground!)

lo·qua·cious (l
omacr.gif
-kw
amacr.gif
prime.gif
sh
schwa.gif
s)
adj. Very talkative; garrulous.
[From Latin loqu
amacr.gif
x, loqu
amacr.gif
c-, from loqu
imacr.gif
, to speak. See tolk[size=-1]w[/size]- in Indo-European Roots.] lo·qua
prime.gif
cious·ly
adv.
lo·qua
prime.gif
cious·ness
or lo·quac
prime.gif
i·ty
(l
omacr.gif
-kw
abreve.gif
s
prime.gif
ibreve.gif
-t
emacr.gif
) n.

Now we can use this word freely amongst ourselves without chuckling nervously and looking from side to side. Now to find out what the fuck 'garrulous' means!

Marc
(crying ruth into a headset)

I lol'd.

Really, I did. That was the funniest thing I've read all day (even funnier than this)! If my verbosity is proving derimental to your comprehension of my musings... well... you guys crack me the hell up! ;)

(Note: www.dictionary.com is a great resource!)

As for my qualms, or lack thereof... yes, 'cunt' is a common word round our way, and 'smoking a fag' apparently means something very different over here! ;)

I hope to be able to drop by again in the next week or so. Hey, Dustin, drop me an email and let me know when you'll be there... and if I need to bring beer. ;)

P.S. Any PS2 owners here who like some old-skool shoot-the-aliens action, but with up-to-date visuals, music and flashiness, check out Gradius V when it hits this September. I've played the Japanese import version and it's absolutely staggering. Yes, I likes me games. :)

That gives me a good idea. Increase your vocabulary as you listen to metal! We will subliminaly embed words and definitions between each crunchy riff. After hearing the latest KatagoryV cd you might say something like: "Upon listening to this latest offering, I am pleased by their imperturbable juxtaposition of dissonance and melody of which I find pleasant to my sonic palate. Also That Tarkus fellow as done a find job in his perspicuous acclimation to this institution."

The Tarkus has officially pwned me there!

He did remind me of the subtitle of the second Castlevania game on the GBA... Harmony Of Dissonance. I always liked that... the game's pretty good, too.

Dustin said:
LMAO!! :tickled:

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have to look that one up, Chan! :Spin:
Good to see you over here my bortha'! I hope your A/C is holding up out there in AZ!
Actually the heat isn't killing me, its the monsoon thunderstorms. This is the first house I've owned, and t-storm winds are ripping my trees out of the ground. I'll take the semi-dry heat over the hell I went through the last couple of months in San Antonio ANY day..

Shoot me an email when you guys have any news on the new cd!

Laters,
Chan

Progged said:
Actually the heat isn't killing me, its the monsoon thunderstorms. This is the first house I've owned, and t-storm winds are ripping my trees out of the ground. I'll take the semi-dry heat over the hell I went through the last couple of months in San Antonio ANY day..

Shoot me an email when you guys have any news on the new cd!

Laters,
Chan
LOL well, belive it or not, we haven't gone over 100 degree's yet this summer which is very abnormal...and the humidity, wind and rain is relentless! But hell, we need the rain, and my lawn is loveing it! I figured you would be cooking breakfast on the hood of your car by now! :Spin:

BTW chan... you have mail/private message with news concerning the new album... :D

\m/
Dustin