So Symphony X's Paradise Lost leaked.

Hell you guys are talking about new Symphony X album.
You know what, A GREAT DIVIDE kills everything Symphony X has ever put out.
Definitely the best Progressive Metal album this year.
Thank you for making good music.
I will buy your first album soon. Sure it would be as good.

Hey, thanks a lot! Our first album is apparently getting hard to find. I've been told you can still get it at The Laser's Edge or Nightmare Records.

How much was The Silvery Image limited to? I bought one right when it came out (directly from Gregg, I think. Back when it was for sale on your myspace)

Well we are actually out of them now...we gave the last one we had to our new drummer, Jeff, over the weekend. There were only 1000 printed originally and have had no reprints since. As far as we know there are still copies that can be found online through various distributors, but we no longer have any copies to sell. We're actually thinking about getting a new batch at the moment, and may put some kind of bonus on there. Not really sure how it's going to be done at the moment, but we'll let everyone know once we do.

Gregg you NEED to get The Silvery Image reproduced. It's the best one...seriously.

Haha..."A Great Divide" is 1,000 times more interesting but "The Silvery Image," though generic, has its moments.

It will definitely be reproduced, it's just not priority right now because we have no funds. As Clay said, we have a bonus track that we recorded, we just have to make the decision if we want to make it a bonus on TSI or the third album.

Maybe we'll have people vote...hmm.

I got the album in about April from InsideOut, and I wasn't a huge fan at first (SymX are one of my top bands too), but after a few listens it grew on me.

Fave song is surprisingly The Sacrifice.

Haha..."A Great Divide" is 1,000 times more interesting but "The Silvery Image," though generic, has its moments.

It will definitely be reproduced, it's just not priority right now because we have no funds. As Clay said, we have a bonus track that we recorded, we just have to make the decision if we want to make it a bonus on TSI or the third album.

Maybe we'll have people vote...hmm.

my vote is not on the third album for obvious reasons..."Destiny of Flames!"

No...

I got the album in about April from InsideOut, and I wasn't a huge fan at first (SymX are one of my top bands too), but after a few listens it grew on me.

Fave song is surprisingly The Sacrifice.

The album grew on me too...and it's not surprising, that song kicks ass.

It's in the rotation right now for me...that's about it. I love it just as much as any other Symphony X cd.

I got Silvery Image from a friend for 5 bucks plus a copy of Origin - Echoes of Decimation (1 of my fav Death Metal band). Fuck him but I probably wouldn't have to pay the extra 5$ if I hadn't told him Suspyre's the best ProgMetal band right now.
Anyway it's a very good CD but not as good as A Great Divide. I need to give it more time though. And also looking forward to the third album.

Indeed, A Great Divide is waaaaay better than The Silvery Image. But The Silvery Image is still better than a lot of the prog metal out there today.

Bottom line, you guys don't even get a 4th of the recognition you truly deserve. And I don't think you will for a while, sadly. :/ But when you do..oh man. I'll be glad to say that I was there from the beginning. Heh. I'll be able to say like, "Yeah, I met the band. I saw them at a Symphony X concert and talked with them for a while and shit." and then everyone will get all jealous because I talked to legends in the making. haha

And if you don't make it to that status, then I give up on music because if music this good doesn't get recognized somewhere in the metal scene then I dunno what the hell will. >_>

Indeed, A Great Divide is waaaaay better than The Silvery Image. But The Silvery Image is still better than a lot of the prog metal out there today.

Bottom line, you guys don't even get a 4th of the recognition you truly deserve. And I don't think you will for a while, sadly. :/ But when you do..oh man. I'll be glad to say that I was there from the beginning. Heh. I'll be able to say like, "Yeah, I met the band. I saw them at a Symphony X concert and talked with them for a while and shit." and then everyone will get all jealous because I talked to legends in the making. haha

And if you don't make it to that status, then I give up on music because if music this good doesn't get recognized somewhere in the metal scene then I dunno what the hell will. >_>

Thanks man...we're enjoying the ride. We'll see what the future holds.

About Paradise Lost...

Before seeing Symphony X last weekend, this was just another Symphony X CD. I found myself listening to The Odyssey and The Divine Wings of Tragedy more.

After seeing them play almost the entire album live... wow. This album is fantastic. Usually it takes something like that for me to get into new releases, so I'm not saying you have to go see Symphony X to enjoy this. I think this album has Russell Allen's best vocal performance (the title track especially). I still don't think it's better than The Odyssey, but it's close. The Odyssey was my first Symphony X album so it will always be my favorite... the title track on there is so nostalgic.

The only problem I had with A Great Divide was that the songs were too long. I liked The Silvery Image better only because the songs were shorter and more to the point. Pretty much 75% percent of the people I asked said they liked the first album better..

I've listened to The Silvery Image way more than I've listened to A Great Divide, but I still think A Great Divide is better, and definitely a step up for the band. I love both albums, and I can't wait for the 3rd one.

I actually think if Suspyre kept releasing albums more like "A Great Divide," they'd get more recognition than if they released "The Silvery Image" a bunch more times. I've actually seen A Great Divide mentioned on websites and magazines. Never saw The Silvery Image on anything. Plus, I think A Great Divide is an original album, which is something we don't see very much in 2007.

The Silvery Image is more "to the point," yeah. I think the songs more fit for playing live (City Under Sands was awesome live at Powerfest, I sang every word), but as far as studio albums go, stuff like A Great Divide is much better.

Getting a huge fanbase and going somewhere the way you said it will effectively make you no better than bands like MCR, and other bullshit like that.

Congrats, you sold yourself out Sam. :/

I actually think if Suspyre kept releasing albums more like "A Great Divide," they'd get more recognition than if they released "The Silvery Image" a bunch more times. I've actually seen A Great Divide mentioned on websites and magazines. Never saw The Silvery Image on anything. Plus, I think A Great Divide is an original album, which is something we don't see very much in 2007.

The Silvery Image is more "to the point," yeah. I think the songs more fit for playing live (City Under Sands was awesome live at Powerfest, I sang every word), but as far as studio albums go, stuff like A Great Divide is much better.

Exactly. It's much more original and more surprising. "The Silvery Image" was looked at as just another prog/metal album.