So Symphony X's Paradise Lost leaked.

Ehh, I can't help it. I'd rather be in a real band and have that be my career. There's no way I'm gonna spend the rest of my life working a 9-5 job, and have my band on the side. I just can't do it, lol. Full force or fuck it.

You know that Symphony X even does odd jobs and shit when they aren't touring and stuff right?

I talked to some guy who knew Jason Rullo personally at Gigantour 05 and he said that he does fucking landscaping.

Even a band as big as them still has to have jobs besides the band. "Making it" in the metal scene isn't easy. >_>

I though Jason Rullo worked at Guitar Center.

Maybe that was Pinella

Pinella works at Guitar Center. I've seen him and talked to him there. Russell Allen worked at Medieval Times for a while, too.

Very few bands do it full time and can make a comfortable living doing so. I bet the only band in the "metal" genre that has that rock-star type lifestyle is Metallica. Even some of the guys in Iron Maiden have day jobs. I heard Bruce Dickinson is a commercial pilot. I also heard Yngwie Malmsteen, a very successful person, works at Ikea! My friend knows Dark Tranquility, who are on a huge label, and they all have day jobs. If someone thinks they can make a living with only being a band, they're dreaming.

However, it's easy to avoid having a 9 to 5 and do music-related stuff exclusively. My teaching schedule is filling up quickly, and we're getting so many clients at our studio that it's starting to really amount to something.

Remember that Symphony hasn't put out an album in years haha. Before this tour they haven't even played a show in 2 years, cuz Rullo went to Mexico and knocked up some chick.

hahaha

that's fucking awesome. I went there to get my Schecter.. Shit, when I got it, he might have even been working at the time(It was earlier this year) and I never knew it. Shit. >_>

However, it's easy to avoid having a 9 to 5 and do music-related stuff exclusively. My teaching schedule is filling up quickly, and we're getting so many clients at our studio that it's starting to really amount to something.

Yeah Gary Wehrkamp of Shadow Gallery does music thing exclusively for his "day job" - he has a teaching facility and a recording studio, and I think a couple of the other Shadow Gallery guys do that, too. But of course that "day job" takes up a lot of time and effort and so of course their band isn't the sole income for them, especially since they don't tour!