So the new Candlelight reissues...

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
Does this mean that Opeth hasn't really got Roadrunner to buy the access to their back catalogue? Is this why the DVD has been on the shelf for almost a year? (The show was recorded in November of 2006)

Orchid, Morningrise, and MAYH are being reissued and the label is asking Opeth fans to send in pictures with the band and various gig photos to make the artwork of the reissues... I wonder which artwork they'll be replacing. :(

Remastering would be a good idea only for Still Life, and maybe a little more of bass volume in MAYH.

Are this albums going to be remastered, aren't they?

Remastering would do wonders on every single one of them.

I'd say they should be re-recorded.. Sound quality on those is horrible. MAYH and Still Life-muddy un-seperated sound.. O+MR=......

The music's great, the sound isn't so much

Ma, the rawness of the 1st 3 albums is what i love about them, don't re-record them, you'd just be messing with the classics.

When are these things scheduled for release? I heard they were going to be digipack versions. This true?

OMG...!!!!....>U R CRAZY..!!!!

IMG_1508.jpg

......PEAC EOUT

Does this mean that Opeth hasn't really got Roadrunner to buy the access to their back catalogue? Is this why the DVD has been on the shelf for almost a year? (The show was recorded in November of 2006)
Just a quick note in the DVD. I think it should be released fairly soon, but as earlier reported, indeed not by RR. The label in question is working on the art for the DVD right now. Sorry that I can't give any further details but I don't know how much I'm allowed to say before the official press statement is published and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

But, have faith.

Just a quick note in the DVD. I think it should be released fairly soon, but as earlier reported, indeed not by RR. The label in question is working on the art for the DVD right now. Sorry that I can't give any further details but I don't know how much I'm allowed to say before the official press statement is published and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

But, have faith.

u work for the label or something..??.......cool....thanx ofr the info...PEAC EOUT

I actually think remastering those albums would do them wonders. There are immense issues with the balance on those records. One of the most glaring issues I have with Opeth's music is how the vocals are often drowned out by the guitars on MAYH.

Blackhorse Experiance, holy shit. I just checked out your fanpage... and I thought I was a diehard, hah!

But, have faith.
Well the label isn't Roadrunner... and Candlelight is making reissues... I'd almost have to assume that the DVD is being handled by Candlelight, or some subsidiary of that label / organization... To be frank, that is very strange... A high-definition concert, which in itself is pretty awesome.. Opeth in HD, that's almost better than real life. But to not be released by the large Roadrunner, that seems a bit strange... This will affect the distribution, the packaging, and possibly more... It's too bad we can't get some answers but this is really an intriguing situation, at least as far as I know. :eek:

I was hoping the next DVD wouldn't be a digipack... The first is the only Concert-DVD I have that is in a digipack!