So, the UN is full of rapists

SueNC

Southern born, metal bred
Dec 13, 2004
i dont find it to be a coincidence that as soon as the criminal, Kofi Annan is out as head of the UN, suddenly the investigations into the charges of rape and sexual misconduct by UN 'peacekeepers' begins.

UNITED NATIONS - The United Nations has investigated more than 300 members of U.N. peacekeeping missions for alleged sexual exploitation and abuse during the past three years and more than half were fired or sent home, according to a senior U.N. official.

The announcement came as the United Nations was trying to determine whether a report in a British newspaper involved new allegations or ones the U.N. had investigated or was investigating. The Daily Telegraph report alleged U.N. personnel in southern Sudan were involved in sexual exploitation and abuse of more than 20 children.

U.N. Assistant Secretary-General for Peacekeeping Jane Holl Lute said Friday that the U.N. has done more in the last two years than ever before to try to combat sex abuse in its 16 peacekeeping missions "but we're not satisfied with where we are."

With nearly 200,000 people from more than 100 countries rotating through the peacekeeping missions every year, some people "are going to behave badly," she told a news conference. "What's different now is ... our determination to stay with this problem ... and constantly improve our ability to deal with it."

Between January 2004 and the end of November 2006, Lute said, the U.N. investigated allegations of sexual exploitation and abuse involving 319 peacekeeping personnel "in all missions" — from East Timor, the Middle East and Africa to Kosovo and Haiti.

This resulted in the summary dismissal of 18 civilians and the repatriation of 17 international police and 144 military personnel, she said.

According to the Department of Peacekeeping, during the first 10 months of 2006, 63 percent of all misconduct allegations involving peacekeeping personnel were related to sexual exploitation and abuse, a third of them to prostitution.

While allegations of abuse have dogged peacekeeping missions since their inception more than 50 years ago, the issue was thrust into the spotlight after the United Nations found in early 2005 that peacekeepers in Congo had sex with Congolese women and girls, usually in exchange for food or small sums of money.

Jordan's U.N. Ambassador Prince Zeid al Hussein wrote a report several months later that described the U.N. military arm as deeply flawed and recommended withholding the salaries of the guilty and requiring nations to pursue legal action against perpetrators. It said abuses had been reported in missions ranging from Bosnia and Kosovo to Cambodia, East Timor, West Africa and Congo.

The U.N. peacekeeping department instituted a new code of conduct for peacekeepers and new training for officers and all U.N. personnel, and it reinforced messages of "zero tolerance" for sexual abuse.

A new anti-prostitution campaign is about to start "to target what has been a troubling pathway for sexual exploitation and abuse in the missions," Lute said.

Meanwhile, the Department of Peacekeeping corrected information it supplied Thursday that four U.N. peacekeepers from Bangladesh have been sent home and 13 other peacekeepers serving in southern Sudan are under investigation for alleged serious misconduct including sexual exploitation and abuse.

According to the department, there are currently 13 sexual exploitation and abuse cases under investigation by the U.N. Office of Internal Oversight Services in Sudan (OIOS), half in southern Sudan.

These cases include an investigation into an allegation of sexual exploitation and abuse in June 2006 against a Bangladeshi peacekeeper in southern Sudan. While the OIOS investigation is continuing, the department said the peacekeeper was sent home and dismissed from the army.

In addition, three Bangladeshi guards on duty when the alleged incident took place and two officers were repatriated for poor supervision or poor command. The Bangladeshi army dismissed one guard, lowered the rank of the two others, and severely reprimanded the two officers, the Peacekeeping Department said.

So is the US military

BBC NEWS | Americas | Sex assault rise in US military
Sex assault rise in US military
The US military received 1,700 reported cases of sexual assault involving one or more of their personnel last year, the US Defence Department said.

Officials sought to play down what appeared to be a sharp rise in alleged assaults compared with 2003.

The increase reflected a greater willingness to report such attacks, a Pentagon spokesman said.

This year's statistics are also the first to include incidents in which civilians were involved.

Previous figures have only reflected cases in which both the alleged attacker and victim were military personnel.

In 2003, the number of sexual assaults reported was 1,012 and in 2002 it was 901.

Court cases

"We are not alarmed about what appears on the surface to be a very substantial increase," Pentagon spokesman Lt Col Joe Richard said.

He said the military had taken a number of steps to encourage victims to report what has historically been an under-reported crime.

Last year, US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld ordered a review of how the military handled such complaints, after a string of assaults on women soldiers and a rape scandal at the Air Force Academy.

Of the 1,700 cases reported in 2004:

* 880 involved an alleged assault by a military person against another

* 425 involved an alleged assault by a military person against a non-military person

* 99 involved an alleged assault by a non-military person against a military person

* 296 involved an unidentified assailant against a military person

Of those, 342 led to punitive action in the military justice system; 351 were deemed unsubstantiated or closed due to insufficient evidence; 51 were in civilian or foreign courts; and 278 closed because the assailant could not be identified.

i trust NOTHING that comes from the BBC.

not saying it doesnt happen... just saying the BBC is a joke.

i trust NOTHING that comes from the BBC.

not saying it doesnt happen... just saying the BBC is a joke.
Ok.
What are some news sources that you trust and where did your report come from?

Ok.
What are some news sources that you trust and where did your report come from?

anything NOT European and not from a left-wing blog site and i got the article i posted from Yahoo news when i logged on this morning.

Oh come on, like none of you would rape a displaced Somalian refugee if you had the chance.

Me! I'm afraid Somalis are not sexually attractive to me... especially worn, bedraggled, starving refugees. If someone rapes those poor devils, its because they've lost their minds in the chaos of disorder.

Ahem.

Anyway, nothing in Sue's first post surprises me. I read a book on human trafficking awhile back. UN administered areas in Bosnia are centers for the white slave trade from eastern Europe to the rest of the world.

Everyone who gets a steady paycheck has a slave at home, the UN Administrators get kickbacks from the traffickers for helping them move slaves through Bosnia, and the UN guards get pay offs to wave vanloads of girls through, on their way to legal brothels in Germany, illegal ones in Italy, and sex houses in Israel and the Persian gulf.

Jurched

Me! I'm afraid Somalis are not sexually attractive to me... especially worn, bedraggled, starving refugees. If someone rapes those poor devils, its because they've lost their minds in the chaos of disorder.

Ahem.

Anyway, nothing in Sue's first post surprises me. I read a book on human trafficking awhile back. UN administered areas in Bosnia are centers for the white slave trade from eastern Europe to the rest of the world.

Everyone who gets a steady paycheck has a slave at home, the UN Administrators get kickbacks from the traffickers for helping them move slaves through Bosnia, and the UN guards get pay offs to wave vanloads of girls through, on their way to legal brothels in Germany, illegal ones in Italy, and sex houses in Israel and the Persian gulf.

Jurched

with a track record like that, it's no wonder Europe considers the UN the moral authority for the world.
:err:

anything NOT European and not from a left-wing blog site and i got the article i posted from Yahoo news when i logged on this morning.

Here you go.

Sexual Assaults In Army On Rise (washingtonpost.com)

A couple of years old, but that's beside the point. Just in case the Washington Post is too "commie" for you, here's one a little more recent:

FOXNews.com - Military Sexual Assault Reports Up 40 Percent - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

If you honestly think that the US military members are exempt from any wrongdoing of participation in sex trafficking, prostitution, etc., then go visit Songtan, South Korea. Ga'head...take a little tour outside Osan AB. I can tell you all you want to know about it...been there, seen it all. Fortunately, I had nothing to do with the juicies. It's basically a form of prostitution and I chose to focus on my guitar playing in my free time for the year I was there. Better yet, go check out Camp Red Cloud. But in case you don't take my word for it, check out an excerpt from one of the military times...it was either Navy or Air Force Times, don't remember.

Sex slaves & the U.S. military

...And here's the response to said article by various military members, some of whom you will see are completely oblivious to these things, much like many average Americans.

http://www.navytimes.com/print.php?f=0-292236-535180.php

I don't know why everyone thinks that the US is so righteous and everyone is of such high moral fiber in our military and everyone else are a bunch of savages...we're a bunch of killers, plain and simple. That's our job. We help others in need...by killing other people. We're no better than anyone else in the world morally and ethically speaking, so it's time to step down off of that pedestal. Sure, we hide behind our spewing of bullshit to the masses, but in reality the US military is full of scum of the earth people. Not everyone is, of course, but there are a whole lot of them.

If you wanna go a little farther back, ask someone who served in the US military in the Philippines back in the late 80's, early 90's before they closed it. South Korea is a church compared to what was going on in the Philippines.

Here you go.

Sexual Assaults In Army On Rise (washingtonpost.com)

A couple of years old, but that's beside the point. Just in case the Washington Post is too "commie" for you, here's one a little more recent:

FOXNews.com - Military Sexual Assault Reports Up 40 Percent - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

If you honestly think that the US military members are exempt from any wrongdoing of participation in sex trafficking, prostitution, etc., then go visit Songtan, South Korea. Ga'head...take a little tour outside Osan AB. I can tell you all you want to know about it...been there, seen it all. Fortunately, I had nothing to do with the juicies. It's basically a form of prostitution and I chose to focus on my guitar playing in my free time for the year I was there. Better yet, go check out Camp Red Cloud. But in case you don't take my word for it, check out an excerpt from one of the military times...it was either Navy or Air Force Times, don't remember.

Sex slaves & the U.S. military

...And here's the response to said article by various military members, some of whom you will see are completely oblivious to these things, much like many average Americans.

http://www.navytimes.com/print.php?f=0-292236-535180.php

I don't know why everyone thinks that the US is so righteous and everyone is of such high moral fiber in our military and everyone else are a bunch of savages...we're a bunch of killers, plain and simple. That's our job. We help others in need...by killing other people. We're no better than anyone else in the world morally and ethically speaking, so it's time to step down off of that pedestal. Sure, we hide behind our spewing of bullshit to the masses, but in reality the US military is full of scum of the earth people. Not everyone is, of course, but there are a whole lot of them.

If you wanna go a little farther back, ask someone who served in the US military in the Philippines back in the late 80's, early 90's before they closed it. South Korea is a church compared to what was going on in the Philippines.

oh... i never said it didnt happen. i never said the US military was made up of nothing but saints.

the difference is: when it happens with the US military, the offenders are dealt with.
when it happens in the UN, their reaction is more like: 'What? that was wrong?'
:Smug:

This is a most valid point. The UN could've been so much more than it is, and it's just sad what it turned out to be. It's the most worthless "organization" there has ever been...no spines, no balls, just a bunch of bureaucratic dickheads who waste tons of American money every year, then throw shit at the US, and on top of that, ask for more money.

Fuck the UN.

This is a most valid point. The UN could've been so much more than it is, and it's just sad what it turned out to be. It's the most worthless "organization" there has ever been...no spines, no balls, just a bunch of bureaucratic dickheads who waste tons of American money every year, then throw shit at the US, and on top of that, ask for more money.

Fuck the UN.

we have reached total agreement.

Fuck the UN.

How much money does the United Nothing get each year?

All i think of when i see or the UN is team america...fuck yeah !!!!

We are going to write a letter and tell them how very angry we are....

That line is priceless...