So there will be a new At The Gates album

He's not been in Nightrage for a while. He screams here and there in a few songs, but I think it's been like 2 or 3 albums where he's not the vocalist. :p

He's not been in Nightrage for a while. He screams here and there in a few songs, but I think it's been like 2 or 3 albums where he's not the vocalist. :p

Was not just here and there. He was the vocalist for the 2 first albuns as far I remember and sang all the songs in those albuns not just a few.

Tomas is my favorite screamer of all times. His vocals ooze rage like no other. They are not pleasing, they are full of anger. He may have a lisp but that's a moot point. He's a very nice chap too.

and that expains my confusion as of why I dig certain songs and others not..I don't own any nightfear album yet, and only skipped through what I found on youtube.

Sometimes I'm fucking weird with vocalists. For example, I really like Peter in Bloodbath, but not in Hypocrisy...

And in both cases of Hypocrisy and ATG I'd really love to get into it. Hopefully it will sink in at some point about the vox.

Thanks for the suggestions Jeff!

I think it's a good sign that he seems to polarize like that, cause that definitely means he's got a unique thing going on.

Great productions ofc! Although i think Bogren's mixes could have like a few % more separation. It's just on the verge on being messy, thought that about the latest Labrie album too.

Metal hasn't have to be more complex then this, always liked the Gothenburg sound.

Was not just here and there. He was the vocalist for the 2 first albuns as far I remember and sang all the songs in those albuns not just a few.
Yes, but what I meant is they've put out 3 albums after that without him. :)

Either way, I think he's great too.

Lindberg's screams are kind of annoyingly squeaky, but that's part of the charm. They were especially harsh on SOTS because of the mediocre production, but the better production on the new song makes them a lot less abrasive to my ears.

I don't get all the Lindberg hate, I absolutely love his vocals. That's one of the coolest things about this new song imo.

The vocals are amazing as always IMO. The mix is a bit safe as I thought it would be, and the music is nothing game-changing as mentioned earlier, but I'm sure I'll be digging the album anyway.

Bumping this. Can't wait for the record. This song didn't immediately blow me away, but the last couple days I've been playing it on repeat. SOOOOOO good.

I wasn't the biggest fan when With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness came out. Bought it almost by accident at the time and had the hardest time getting into it, thanks to the lack of structure in the songs and the piss poor production, but you already had that moody quirky sense of melody that was less present on Slaughter OF The Soul. It's great to hear that aspect again in a much more mature form. I hear smidges of The Haunted music too. Really interesting. I can't wait to hear the whole album.