So there will be a new At The Gates album

Jens reamped so I'm guessing it's a Recto of some sort.
Ah! Didn't know he reamped. I remember that youtube anouncement. He had a Recto and a Savage nearby. I wonder if it was any of those. Definitely doesn't sound like V30's either to me. I guess it wouldn't be surprising if it turned out to be the Mode Four cab.

Ah! Didn't know he reamped. I remember that youtube anouncement. He had a Recto and a Savage nearby. I wonder if it was any of those. Definitely doesn't sound like V30's either to me. I guess it wouldn't be surprising if it turned out to be the Mode Four cab.

I did a bunch of editing for a band that originally had Jens mixing and then went with Henrik for the mix as ATG was doing the same swap; they had Thomas do guest vocals and reamped through the original tracking tone ATG used but Jens said he reamped for the mix.

I'm guessing Road King or Roadster into MF cab with a 57 or two and an R121. Sounds fucking sweet regardless.

This is sweet. I like this tone a lot. The combination with the drum sounds makes it not too aggressive which I like when I expect to listen a lot to an album!

Really diggin the album and production. First carcass do an actually good comeback and now these guys. WTF

Not perfect but so much deeper and more dynamic than most of the current stuff. Majestic, very dark, familiar yet unexpected in many areas.

Only real complaint would be the ridiculous similarities of the first riff from "The conspiracy Of the Blind", the main riffs of "In Veins" of The Haunted. and "Slaughter of the Soul".

But then the song goes elsewhere and it's awesome.

Also I hate the overused adjective "epic", but there are some truly epic melodies.

The literary references on this album are incredibly neat, but the riffs aren't quite there. Solid record, but it feels a little slow and overly straightforward to me musically. Production is absolutely stellar though.

I think this is fucking incredible. Not even one small complaint about it. Album of the year in my mind.

The Head of the Hydra is my favorite song so far.