So, they're restarting the Mortal Kombat franchise this april...

It looks like the same old shit we've been seeing from MK for years. As soon as next gen consoles were available, MK sucked. The last good MK game was MKIII on the SNES.

My favorite was def MK Trilogy for Playstation. The roster in that game was just elite. My friend found a copy of that a few years ago in a hole-in-the-wall gaming store for $5, and I'm pretty sure he shat himself.

MK2 is all that ever mattered. MK3 had too many goofy ass characters thrown in for no reason, but i did like the multi-level stages.

I wish they would drop all the goofy ass shit and comic book style they've got going on. It doesn't have to be hyper real, but i mean the costumes fucking look ridiculous and there can always be more gore.

MK2 is all that ever mattered. MK3 had too many goofy ass characters thrown in for no reason, but i did like the multi-level stages.

I wish they would drop all the goofy ass shit and comic book style they've got going on. It doesn't have to be hyper real, but i mean the costumes fucking look ridiculous and there can always be more gore.

+1

MK9 will be cool but i am more anxious
about the HD remake of MK I-III, old MK with HD graphics= WIN!

The thing is... what made MK special originally was the crappy quality video based characters.

MK_character_select.png

This is what MK is all about. Not this shit...

Mortal_Kombat_-_Kreate_A_Kombatant.jpg

And for those with a PS3, Kratos from God Of War will be a playable character. Dont know how I feel about that yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a Mortal Kombat 2 arcade machine not long ago for $150. When I was a kid I could only afford 1 credit, now I can afford the whole machine (although the machines are cheap nowadays).

I bought a Mortal Kombat 2 arcade machine not long ago for $150. When I was a kid I could only afford 1 credit, now I can afford the whole machine (although the machines are cheap nowadays).

yeah right. try getting one in germany!

I have a modded Mortal Kombat 1 machine, good enough for me... but a dedicated MKII machine would be nice :)

The potential series pisses me right the hell off. It's like they took Mortal Kombat, and then stripped it of everything that made it MK (the Mystical elements, the cheesy Kung-Fu movie styling and whatnot), and turned it into some bullshit action movie that no longer bears any semblance to the games that made the title great. Assuming the series is actually made, I would still take the original cheeseball movies over it any day :noway:

As for the game, so, so very excited :D

They should just get whoever did the short film to cut a full length release. If its HALF as good as that short film it will be better then 90% of the action movies being produced in Hollywood today....

I have watched that trailer 10000 times, and it just makes me crave a full length with the same grittyness and epic cenmatography and editing .... god it would be so epic.