So this diet & exercise-thing actually works?!

Sjusovaren

Adrian Smith-wannabe
Apr 30, 2006
Sweden
In March this year, I stepped on the scale here at home and almost lost it. I had finally reached the point I was dreading, I was over 100 kilos/220 pounds in weight which is pretty damned bad seeing as I'm just around 175 centimetres tall. :yuk: After five minutes of panic, I sent a text-message to a friend and asked him to help me get started with going to the gym. :zombie:

March 14th, I had my last piece of candy, at that point, I was at 103 kilos/227 pounds.

March 16th, I went to the gym for the first time in my life. (well, been a couple times with school but that was never organized at all so it just meant dicking around) :Smokin:

Since then, I've tried to work out at least three times a week at the gym and then taking a few walks, plus giving up candy, soda, ice-cream, chips, popcorn, alcohol, all that stuff.

I was forced to take a 5-week break from the gym a month or so ago due to a couple nasty colds and an ear-infection but I increased my number of walks instead. I've kept to the no-crap diet going for over to 16 weeks too, which I'm extremely proud of, especially seeing as I had a birthday in May and I only had a couple of strawberries. :lol:

Weighed myself this morning, so far I'm down to 84 kilos/185 pounds which feels fantastic! I'm feeling a lot more confident overall and I'm still not done. Losing 19 kilos/41 pounds in 17 weeks is something I'm counting as one of my biggest accomplishments and I'm extremely glad that I "put my foot down" at 100 rather than when/if I had been around the "Biggest Loser"-area. I've learnt that losing weight isn't that hard to do, as long as you stop thinking about it and just f'ing do it! :headbang:

Man, that's awesome! Well done :) I could do with losing a few kilos myself... I think my grown-up metabolism has finally kicked in or something 'cos I'm growing a secret keg...
Cheers dude. :)

Do eet, it's not that hard. Get yourself a tiny-ish mp3-player (Creative Zen Mosaic works awesome for me), put some tracks on there that get you pumped and head down to the local gym! :) It'll work wonders for your mood. ;)

I should probably gain a couple of pounds:ill: Only 67 kilos and 185cm is not good, especially since I play bandy

Also, I don't understand the fact that women always want more, yet they rather want a six pack then a whole barrel

Thats great man keep up the good work!

I was in a similar situation after being at uni doing nothing but eating pretty much for two years. I'll admit I didn't get up to as high as 100 but I may have touched 90kg. But ever since I started working I have been active and been eating at proper times. It all helps believe it or not. I will also admit I had a good bit of help from a prolonged gut infection last year but since that's cleared up I've managed to keep my weight at about 70/71 kg (just over 11 stone for us British folk). The effect on your mood and your ability to get up and go is amazing too.

wow, well done ! my father has his moments that he says he wants to lose weight but he never makes himself REALY doing it..
he just likes food...
it's great that you were able to resist all those temptations !