The Exercise Thread

Myself, I'm really not looking to be really huge or anything, just bulk up a bit and get toned I guess.

Doom said:
Thanks for the very informative reply Zod! Honestly though, I'm not commited enough to take it too seriously, but I will take on board some of those tips.
Np. I'm always trying to get bigger. But at 37, adding muscle mass is an uphill battle.

Zod

I just have a problem with the unnaturalness of going to a gym to get exercise. plus I hate indoor air when I'm being active. I instead do shit outside.

Cardio: roller hockey, pickup rugby games, mountain biking, the odd run on the trails behind my house.

Strength: Trail building I guess. Shoveling, sawing, lifting shit. I dunno.

I don't excercise for my apperance, I do it so that I'm healthy and in shape and feel good.

Last evening I went for my first 10 km (6.2 miles) run this year, and it felt great. The conditions were almost perfect: cool, moist weather with an occational drizzle -- I hate running when it's hot outside, under such conditions all joy in running is lost :|

spaffe said:
Last evening I went for my first 10 km (6.2 miles) run this year, and it felt great. The conditions were almost perfect: cool, moist weather with an occational drizzle -- I hate running when it's hot outside, under such conditions all joy in running is lost :|

Well, I did do that 8k run the other day and it was fine actually. Made it all the round albeit at a fairly slow pace but didn't feel too bad afterwards. If I could just do this a couple of times a week I'd be happy, then maybe run further too. Once I get started it's fine, it's just the thought of doing it beforehand that puts me off :erk:

Well, as you surely know, running is all about getting past that first tormenting phase when your legs feel wooden and your lungs like a pair of leaking bellows; when that's over it's just too keep going and start enjoying it ;) But of course, close proximity to the circuit and a companion surely helps hehe

I started running again recently as well. One of the most important things to do before and after running is to stretch properly. This helps alot with particularly strenuous/long runs and especially for when you begin running. Also, run in the morning or evening, your just killing your body if you run in 95 degree weather in the summer.

spaffe said:
a companion surely helps hehe

Yeah, this is what I need, someone to come along with me. I'm sure that would motivate me to go more often, and put more effort in when I'm doing it.

I started running again recently as well. One of the most important things to do before and after running is to stretch properly.

Yeah, as true as that is, I often only ever do a minimal stretch before my run and don't bother stretching afterwards :erk:. Injury waiting to happen I imagine!

A companion is always great for this kinda stuff, something i badly need if I wanna do anything other than biking,

on a side note, just played 2 1/2 hours of 2 on 2 roller hockey, it ruled but man, 85 degrees is brutal for them shitz, feel like dieing.

oh well, burned off this mornings all you can eat (15 slices of pizza, 6 slices of desert pizza and 5 plaes of bread sticks, 3 plates of salad)... me and my cousin came home and had a nap, :p