hangover food thread

lurch70 said:
my g/f usually has a Red Bull for breakfast ... no shit ... and then spazzes out until about 2 am at work ... but with the ammount of work she has, i am not surprised.

was reading about this drug ... Aderra ... or some shit ... that supposedelly makes you really concentrate and you can put in 10-12 hours at work no problem. Supposed to be big in the lawyer community in NY.

Aderol maybe? Aka poor mans cocaine.

lurch70 you can put in 10-12 hours at work no problem.[/QUOTE said:
BWWWWAHAHAHA! i just noticed this part. my standard shift is 12 hours and i routinely put in 14, 15 hour days. yesterday i clocked in at 6:45 AM and clocked out at 9:30 PM. i worked 24 straight a couple weeks ago. it was fucking terrible.

anyway, ive never heard of that drug. im sure its just another version of good ol caffeine.

KILL TULLY said:
Hell yea.
when i finish this six of natty ice (in a month, at the current rate), ill get some pabst. but i can never find it. seriously. i dont know why.

Iconoclastic Tendencies said:
what do you do?
RN. critical care. i've been doing acute dialysis for a few years now. before that i was in an ICU. my current job doesnt have a night shift to come in and relieve so if theres still stuff to do, youre stuck doing it until the call person can come and take over - which might happen depending on *their* workload.

ohhh, ok. When I was growing up my best friend's mom did the same thing. I'm lucky that she was a nurse, the first time(only) time I ever road a bike without a helmet I hit a rock coming down a steep hit and slid 10 feet on my face on old pavement. Had a gravel forehead for a month. I just remember coming to with her right there keeping an eye on me till my parents could come and take me to the hospital. Minor concussion. Fuck I was lucky.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Aderol maybe? Aka poor mans cocaine.

yes, that's it Adderoll ... but how can it be poor mans cocaine? supposedelly it makes you stay up and really concentrate ... maybe like a combination of coke and Ritalin or something.

dorian gray said:
RN. critical care. i've been doing acute dialysis for a few years now. before that i was in an ICU. my current job doesnt have a night shift to come in and relieve so if theres still stuff to do, youre stuck doing it until the call person can come and take over - which might happen depending on *their* workload.

i know in NY RN's are making a killing money wise ... and judging from your hours at work, I would hope that you are cashing in on the trend.

@IT: hahahaha. great crash story. glad to hear youre a helmet-wearer too. i cant stand these guys who are too cool to wear a helmet. i just laugh. but, we both know no serious rider goes without a helmet.
i dont know how people do it. i cant tell how many times ive hit my head a low hanging branch and just kept on going.

well, I was 8 and didn't think much of it at the time. I sometimes ride around town now with my fullface on thehandlebars, but thats so I don't die of heatstroke. But if I'm on any sort of a downward slope or doing anything other than peddling slowly, helmet on, and on trails, I sinch that fucker on. First race I had my full face it saved me from losing all my teeth and possibly my jaw.

lurch70 said:
i know in NY RN's are making a killing money wise ... and judging from your hours at work, I would hope that you are cashing in on the trend.
youve probably seen ads in the newspaper or something. am i right? many times, those ads are for travel assignments which *do* pay quite nicely but someone in my position cant take a travel assignment. wouldnt want to either. i dont think they are safe. that license is VERY expensive. i wouldnt want to lose it.
anyway, yeah, i feel im doing well and theres always potential for overtime and whatnot. im definitely not pulling down 6 figures though. anyone who is, is lying.

dorian gray said:
@IT: hahahaha. great crash story. glad to hear youre a helmet-wearer too. i cant stand these guys who are too cool to wear a helmet. i just laugh. but, we both know no serious rider goes without a helmet.
i dont know how people do it. i cant tell how many times ive hit my head a low hanging branch and just kept on going.

for urban shit i don't wear a helmet, oh well. But for mountains of course i do, you'de gotta be retarded not to...but i'll bet you'll say that about urban stuff to, haha.

Iconoclastic Tendencies said:
I sometimes ride around town now with my fullface on thehandlebars, but thats so I don't die of heatstroke.
i confess to the same thing. my wife ran a marathon last year and i followed her on the bike. no helmet obviously. didnt see the point at 5 mph or whatever it was.

KILL TULLY said:
for urban shit i don't wear a helmet, oh well. But for mountains of course i do, you'de gotta be retarded not to...but i'll bet you'll say that about urban stuff to, haha.
youre insane not to wear a hemlet duriung urban riding. with the exception of riding to the store and shit like that. if youre doing true urban stuff with like a trials bike or something, helmets are 100% necessary.

Most of the time i'm riding its about 30-40 degrees celsius out, with all the hair, the helmet gets a lot hotter than that, my riding clothes are black. I need the cooling when I'm not going fast/doing urban.

Yeah, by urban we're meaning trials/retaining wall hucks/stair gaps, etc.

I know i should wear one but i just don't, simple as that. I don't do trials, i do urban assault shit, like park and axle grinds and stuff, BMX type shit. I feel like i can bail easily doing urban stuff, but fuckin' whipping through downhill singletrakc and stuff, FUCK not wearing a helmet! And stunts and freeriding, sheeeeeesh.