So, this is the Latin American scene huh?

Azogue said:
Oh fuck! I just checked out all of Coprofago's "Genesis" album.......and it's fucking AWESOME!

\m/:D\m/+inifnity

Thanks for reccomending them :OMG:
Ditto.. Amazing band.

Metal is great in Latin American, it's just harder to get venues and public since metal loses ground to more latin-style music or mainstream shit.

one amazing band is AKASHIC, from southern Brasil.

They have a website ( www.akashic.com.br) where you can download some full songs but they are in medium quality. The guys are awesome. They play something similar to Symphony X... even the vocals are similar... but not a copy... well, you should listen to it... its really worth!!!

edit: I just tried entering AKASHIC website... its offline... if anyone wants some songs, call me at MSN rogeriorpenna@hotmail.com

There are good bands in Argentina, but as one of the guys said before, labels aren't interest in good music, or not other than be awful bands like Los Piojos, Bersuit Vergarabat (believe me, you WON'T hear them) A.N.I.M.A.L was great but their last two records are boring as hell, Avernal is a fucking brutal death metal band from Buenos Aires you have to check them out.
Oh, and Jesus Martyr, sucks donkey balls IMO.

\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-

Is Timecode from Chile, too?
On another note, I'd love to listen Mar de Grises, they were supposed to play with Opeth (and Sadism) I was there and Opeth not. So it fucking sucks, damn I'm still pissed off for that, fucking stupids who can't organize a fucking shit.

AlmaMater said:
In Chile there are many good bands like undecroft, excecreator, Alta Densidad, Etc.
If you like the good stuff search that bands

Long Live Metal!!!!!

Site w/mags,long plays Argentina & Spain.
:hotjump:
Anthrax,Maiden,Ozzy,Dio. Logos, Judas,B.S.,Whitesnake,Riot,V8,
Motley Crue,escocia, AC/DC, Deep Purple, Marchesi
Leonor female singer of hard rock: Purpura & Santa,
Def Leppard,Pink Floyd, Rainbow, Bolin, T-REX,Metallica,
Sweet,Queen,Icon, Accept, Scorpions,Van Halen,Abaxial,
Hermetica, Temple,Rata Blanca, Lethal, Obus. baron Rojo,Riff,
Ojos Negros, Hellion,M.Azahara, Malon, Satrapa, EVO,
A.del I.,Azuzena, Tarzen, Ratt. WASP, Dokken, Pappo,
Hoy no es Hoy. Jeriko, Panzer, Vago, Azeroth.

www.vinyloargentina.com

Actually, the terminology of "Latin America" sucks. It makes Mexico and Central America seperate from Canada and the United States, even though a huge part of Canada is predominantly French and a huge part of the US used to be Spanish and the continent doesn't end until the middle of Panama.

NAFTA my ass! :)