So Wacken is over....where are the RC gang?

I have the setlist engraved in my head, though not the exact order. They played:

Eerie Inhabitants
Practice What You Preach
Sins of Omission
Low
The Haunting
True Believer
Alone in the Dark
Electric Crown
D.N.R.
Burnt Offerings
Over The Wall
Into The Pit
Disciples Of The Watch

The Germans are definately fucking barbarians. I mean for Gods sake, warm carbonated water is one thing - still water has not been invented yet for them - but the lack of air-conditioning was akin to being condemned.

For me, the situation was bad as had to put up with Markgugs snoring (like a grizzly bear) and farting like the one and only Mr Methane himself.

If global warming is caused by excess CO2 emissions, imagine what it was like for me sharing a room with him - next time I'm gonna buy a fucking gas mask and a gun.

On a side note - The Wacken Management team support Metal Headz against racism (which is great and I applaud them for it), but the band named Bohseonkelz (which will appear next year) has fans that are from the far right. Some of the fans were seen at this years Wacken (all skin heads) and word was going around that these guys were responsible for the wash rooms being demolished in camp S3. Some of the the other campers near these skinheads, were not too pleased about their presence either, as they were causing trouble. I will give this band a wide berth next year.

Chief B

i own a gas mask, ChiefB. i take it around with me in the trunk of my car (for. . . other uses (i.e. keeping stuff IN)). if i come to wacken next year, which i will try my damndest to, i will rent it out to you. 300 pounds a day. if it is returned with any methane/ammonial residue, you owe extra. ah fuck it, you can just keep it!

ChiefB said:
On a side note - The Wacken Management team support Metal Headz against racism (which is great and I applaud them for it), but the band named Bohseonkelz (which will appear next year) has fans that are from the far right.
So one thing contradicts another? Well done Wacken. :loco:
Some of the fans were seen at this years Wacken (all skin heads) and word was going around that these guys were responsible for the wash rooms being demolished in camp S3. Some of the the other campers near these skinheads, were not too pleased about their presence either, as they were causing trouble. I will give this band a wide berth next year.
Chief B
This pisses me off.

Fucking nazi's without a clue about the metal scene invade and tarnish these events. They have nothing better to do when they're not in football stadiums saluting their fucking fuhrer. (I forgot what it's like to live in Europe).

This was my whole point in the NSBM thread. If the NSBM scene is attracting nazis (but NSBM is not about nazi'ism - which I still debate) then these NSBM bands should GO OUT OF THEIR WAY to make it clear that they don't want to be associated with Hitler's inbred youth.

I think there has to be some responsibility for where we spend our money, and what sponsorship it goes towards. It's not 'just music' when it becomes a political cause.

On the other hand, even Slayer has historically attracted skinheads. Same with Motorhead. We need to be clear that NOT ALL skinheads are nazis. In fact, some anti-discriminatory groups purposely go for a skinhead look to defuse the original intent of what a shaved headed nazi stood for.

And some blokes just shave their heads, and wouldn't even consider themselves to be skins. So we need to be clear and not assume that all skins are nazis. :)

Black Winter Day said:
i own a gas mask, ChiefB. i take it around with me in the trunk of my car (for. . . other uses (i.e. keeping stuff IN)).

Fuck me, you keep a gas mask in your car! What are you, special forces, SWAT or are you waiting for Judgement Day! :tickled:

lizard said:
"Mr. Methane" hahahahahahahahaha!

now I know he emits more noxious odors than simply his absurd worship of the NY Yankees :)
(I KEED!!)

I knew I was in trouble the moment I realised I was sharing a room with him. His arse really is larger than his mouth.

OK. First off, I'm jealous as hell. I would so love to go to Wacken one of these years. Maybe 2004? We'll see. That being said, I'm surprised at the quality of the lineup. I would have expected it to have been stronger. I realize Iced Earth cancelled at the last second, but still. Am I wrong?

GZ

JayKeeley said:
And some blokes just shave their heads, and wouldn't even consider themselves to be skins. So we need to be clear and not assume that all skins are nazis. :)

... or assume that all skins are gay! I mean lets face facts here, a pack of skins walking around with little clothing, their either gonna be the Sons of Hitler or The Pink Feather Duster Band.

Yeah Iced Earth did cancel and I was a bit dubious about Twister Sister.

But after listening to them at Wacken and more importantly seeing the reaction from the crowd, I can honestly say they were terrific. The crowd went wild and they deservedly got what I can only describe as a crowd ovation for their efforts.

General Zod said:
OK. First off, I'm jealous as hell. I would so love to go to Wacken one of these years. Maybe 2004? We'll see.

I have a feeling quite a few of us will be going next year, NAD included.

That being said, I'm surprised at the quality of the lineup. I would have expected it to have been stronger. I realize Iced Earth cancelled at the last second, but still. Am I wrong?

GZ

Probably, based on people saying this was one of the better line ups compared to other years. But it's all a matter of taste. For me, I would have gone for Slayer, Testament, Thyrfing, Ancient Rites, Sonata Arctica and Gamma Ray alone. And there were obviously several other bands that would have captured my attention on the roster.

Let's start a thread on Wacken 2004 predictions...

Yeah I'm aiming for 2004 to be my year for a European Vacation timed for Wacken, now just to get over my fear of flying. Dr. Walker, paging Dr. Johnny Walker... :)

NAD said:
Yeah I'm aiming for 2004 to be my year for a European Vacation timed for Wacken, now just to get over my fear of flying. Dr. Walker, paging Dr. Johnny Walker... :)

You can go by ship (if you leave tomorrow).

JayKeeley said:
...This pisses me off... Fucking nazi's

Markgugs and I were having laugh about how many coloured people he had seen at this years Wacken. A total of six including myself ! :tickled:

On a serious note, I saw the bunch of skins (about 20) and they looked liked they just came off the Hitler factory line. And to think there will be more off these insane twats next year just annoys me. With the current wave of anti-turk sentiment across Germany, these pricks just spring up from nowhere, almost as if there is a factory producing these twats.

I can't comment on the band because I have no idea what kind of music they produce, but I can honestly say when they play I really do not want to be singled out by a mob of skinned dull cunts, whose only aim is to rid the planet of coloured people, while they fuck their own sisters and mothers and give rise to the retarded third reich..."yes you too can be gassed or beaten up by a two handed, three eyed hoping nazi cunt of your choice".....on second thoughts I will take up Black Winters Days offer of the gas mask.

General Zod said:
OK. First off, I'm jealous as hell. I would so love to go to Wacken one of these years. Maybe 2004? We'll see. That being said, I'm surprised at the quality of the lineup. I would have expected it to have been stronger. I realize Iced Earth cancelled at the last second, but still. Am I wrong?

GZ

Zodster, though of course it depends on what you're looking for, I too often found myself having to miss a band I wanted to see rather then wondering what I would do. The lineup was superb!

Yeah, Wacken will be a blast next year if we get even more people to go! Though keep in mind the backstage passes are limited to 5 :(

On the other hand, I've already reserved 2 hotel rooms, and will need a roommate! Since I'd rather sleep in the woods sans tent than share a German hotel room with more than only 1 other person. Disregard ChiefB's blathering about my noxious odors and snoring. At least I don't take 45-minute showers. :)