So, what did you think of PP Europe 2007?

renejanssen

Apr 19, 2005
Baarlo, The Netherlands
www.progpower.eu
Hi,

Hopefully you all will spend 5 minutes to send us your feedback through the feedback form on the website, but we just would like to know what you thought of this weekend.

We had an absolute wonderful time, and allthough we arranged all the details at the last minute (due to circumstances), organisation wise we had the best year ever. Everything went pretty smoothly and all the bands were very satisfied with everything, especially the sound on stage and in the venue.

Personally I have really enjoyed both headliners, and bands as OCEANS OF SADNESS, NAHEMAH and SIEGES EVEN. But all the bands did a great performance, the quality was huge this year. We hope to improve that next year.

Let us know your thoughts.

Rene

Absolutely superb time, as usual... Alchemist, Nahemah (a big surprise) and Sieges Even - hell yeah, my ass is kicked, can't sit no more :D

Good stuff.

:kickass:On behalf of the four of us who travelled from Newark, England for the weekend, I would like give a big thank you to Rene and the team for putting on a fantastic festival. We all had a wonderful weekend in Baarlo and were very sad to leave:cry:. There is a very strong chance that we will be back next year if the line up is anything like this year. Highlights for me personally were; Thessera, DGM, Orphaned Land, Mevyn, Circus Maximus and Jon Oliva's Pain
Thanks again.
Bob, Sarah, Duncan & Sue

Progpower organisation, thanks for everything! We had a great time on our first progpower! Our highlights were Circus Maximus!!! Orphaned Land, Meyvn and Alchemist. And I'm surely gonna check some material of Nahemah!
Castle de Berckt was also a great place with friendly people and a nice breakfast ;)! We will be back next year. I hope that the line up will contain some supprises like this year!

See ya!!!

I think this was (one of) the best Progpower ever.
A lot of surprises I did not see coming e.g.: Alchemist being very enjoyable, Circus Maximus with a superb and catchy live performance but most of all: the frikadellen-party :lol: The ones I had high expectations for (being Sieges Even, Nahemah and Jon Oliva ) were some much better than I had anticipated.

It was the first time I saw Jon Oliva and I really really really had fun! Boy , what a performer this man is. It was like a master class on "how to entertain people".

All in all a weekend I will have very fond memories of for years to come.
:headbang:

Dries.. your first time EVER to see Jon (incl. Savatage)? I agree, Mr. Mountain King made 2 hours seem like 15 minutes (hmmm maybe I shouldn't be happy with that?? :lol:)

A mild migraine kept me outside with a soda for the most part of the 3 days, but with the superb weather (and still music in the background) that was no punishment :) I managed to see the whole Meyvn set (loved it) and of course Jon Oliva and after that my migraine was finally gone. Many hours of afterparty with (finally) beer, headbanging and overall partying made up for all the holding back in the days before! It was almost as good as last year and René, many thanks for the speech for us about us leaving the country and headbanging to Into Eternity with us :kickass: We are so grateful for all you've done for us over the years and even more so for your wonderful friendship! WE LOVE YOU! Oh and of course ProgPower itself with aaaaaaaall its wonderful and diverse visitors!!!! :worship:

Now all we have to do is win the lottery so we can still afford to come back each year :lol:

Hello Organizers & visitors!
A BIG THANK YOU for a really great festival:worship:notworthy:worship:

I had as always a great time enjoying:kickass: my visit @ Progpower.:headbang:

My favourites this weekend was;

Oceans Of Sadness
Nahemah
Jon Oliva's Pain
Circus Maximus
Alchemist
Thessera

Sorry for leaving the afterparty that early, but my back went out of business
:cry::erk::ill:.
The way back to Sweden wasn't a nice experience, I tell ya(Thanks 2 Christer & Gustav for helping me out..)

I've made a quickie for my pics(without comments, I'll try to sort names out on pics during this week!)
They're downscaled so they could be squeezed in to my 20Mb space...

See you next year!!!

/Håkan

Dries.. your first time EVER to see Jon (incl. Savatage)? I agree, Mr. Mountain King made 2 hours seem like 15 minutes (hmmm maybe I shouldn't be happy with that?? :lol:)
Yes, my first time ever! In the early days I was more into soft prog rock (Mike Oldfield, Chandelier, Marillion, IQ, etc.) That means that I don't really have much of an history in Metal. I am catching up though and the softy will be gone soon: this year I even loved Alchemist. :heh:

A mild migraine kept me outside with a soda for the most part of the 3 days, but with the superb weather (and still music in the background) that was no
My headache was self-induced but it must be a real pain to have migraine during the ProgPower weekend
Now all we have to do is win the lottery so we can still afford to come back each year :lol:
I think you must. You 2 are important members of the ProgPower family.
1524098051_0cf36ab689.jpg

From the desk of JOP:

Infinite thanks to Rene, his great crew and the amazing audience at this years show. JOP has been suffering through a great deal of grief since the untimely passing of our engineer/ producer- Greg Marchak just 4 weeks ago. But the show must go on and we forged ahead to the NL...just as Greg would have wanted. We hope that we delivered a show worthy of the invitation.

Thank you all again, and we will see you in spring-2008. JOP #3 to be released in March '08!

Til then.........cheers and beers!

:headbang:

very nice festival, it was like expected and the bands were like expected, surprise (not realy) Meyvn and of course Jon Oliva's Pain rocked our sox off, even in this sad period in their lives.....

prog + power rulez!

H

't was a great festival for sure. My absolute highlight were Sieges Even, who played the perfect gig. Circus Maximus were a whole lot of fun too, and Jon Oliva, well, he's Jon Oliva! Regrettably, I wasn't around on Saturday, so I missed Day Six, Meyvn and Alchemist, who were all highly recommended before and highly praised after their gig. All in all, however, this year's ProgPower was superb, thanks to the people, the bands, and the organisers. I'm looking forward to the 10th anniversary!

I've made a quickie for my pics(without comments, I'll try to sort names out on pics during this week!)
They're downscaled so they could be squeezed in to my 20Mb space...

If you need a gallery or webspace, let me know. I have lots of space on my servers. Alternatively, you could use flickr who have a very nice uploader service...

Got home at 19.00 yesterday after staying one night outside Bremen.
Big thanks to everyone that made this another great festival for me, especially René & the crew of course.

Most bands did a good jobs, especially Circus Maximus, Nahema, Ocean of Sadness and Alchemist.

BALLS TO THE WALL!! Make it perfect! :)
Cya in 12 months!

Congratulations to Rene, Christain and the team for another superb ProgPower Europe. As ever, a great showcase for both up and coming, and more established bands. We love the chilled atmosphere, and the fact that every band gets a decent chance to impress. Highlights (apart from the social side!) for me personally, were Orphaned Land, JOP, Circus Maximus, Oceans of Sadness, and Meyvn. Pretty much every band aquitted themselves well, and I don't think anyone could conmplain about the sound/lineup/stage or production. Nine years of experience really shows!

Great to catch up with JOP, Orphaned Land, the Circus Maximus guys (what's with that Chinese place? Somebody stole my meal!), some of the fans from the UK (Mark, nice to meet you finally!) and have a really good 'compare notes' with Rene and Christian.

Oh, and we beat the Ozzies too!

Jon
PPUK

A lot of thanks to Rene and the team! You guys rule!!

Highlights for me were Sieges Even, Mevyn and of course Jon Oliva!! Dutch band Day Six was a real surprise for me! They performed really well and stayed very professional when there were problems with the lights and sound.

Prog-Power EU must be my favorite festival not just for the music but for the people you meet (again) also! :)

Great to catch up with JOP, Orphaned Land, the Circus Maximus guys (what's with that Chinese place? Somebody stole my meal!), some of the fans from the UK (Mark, nice to meet you finally!) and have a really good 'compare notes' with Rene and Christian.

Nice to meet ya too Jon :) We did chat briefly at PPUK this year, although you did seem rather busy and running between buildings at the Centaur! We'll catch up again next March! Will look forward to John T's photos too when that website's online.

And what another fantastically perfect PP in Baarlo - my fourth consecutive year at the festival, and yet another fantastic one! Great to catch up with Harry, Henk etc (I will persuade you all to come over for PPUK!), and was fun hassling Christian yet again about Madder Mortem!! Musically, I was blown away by Oceans of Sadness, and Nahemah exceeded my expectations having already been a fan of their 'The Second Philosophy' album. JOP were also a great finale to a brilliant weekend. Here's hoping PP continues forever!

Cheers
Mark :headbang:

PS. Reviews + masses of photos online soon over at www.metal-discovery.com

A memorable event. Especailly Thessera and the whole Sunday. And a big part of Saturday. Indeed I didn't like only 2 -3 bands. Thank you René for your efforts. Go ahead! And ...

Had lots of fun, saw several great gigs. In particular Alchemist, Sieges Even and Jon Oliva's Pain really rocked like hell.
I ran into a friend whom I hadn't seen in a few years, also ran into some current and former co-editors of our silly webzine and it was great to hang out with those crazy Swedes. :kickass:
I didn't shoot that many pics but in case anyone's interested click HERE