What headliners would you like to see in 2008?

Raintime is definitely a band that should feature on Progpower Europe 2008. I've lately come across their material and am positively blown away.

From their website:
The music is melodic metal, with lots of power, technical bits-and-pieces and the harshness and attitude (especially in the vocal department) of modern day melo-death metal. To compare the band to other bands is an unfair task, and definitely far from being easy, but parallels could be drawn to the melo-death metal spirit of In Flames, the nu-metal energy of Trivium, the power of Evergrey, the modern day aggression of Children Of Bodom, the technicality of Dream Theater, the ambience of Fates Warning or the epic songwriting of underground US-metal heroes Black Symphony. You will not go wrong, when succumbing to the incredible sound of “Flies & Lies”!!!

Just go and listen to their material yourself on their My Space and I just noticed that they played at Progpower USA 2007 as well. So definitely something worthwhile for Progpower Europe 2008!

Well, Threshold and Pagan's Mind are already confirmed so I'd love to see :
-PERSEFONE (Core in live must be awesome)
-SERENITY
-POVERTY'S NO CRIME
-CLOUDSCAPE
-CIRCUS MAXIMUS
-ELDRITCH
-MERCENARY
-NEAL MORSE :)rock:)
-PAIN OF SALVATION
-PATHOSRAY
-SHADOW GALLERY
-REDEMPTION
-THOUGHT CHAMBER :)notworthy)
-RAINTIME
-RIVERSIDE :)notworthy:worship:)
-SANDALINAS
-SEVEN TEARS
-SYMPHONY X
-AN ENDLESS SPORADIC
-and finally, Mr. Genius DEVIN TOWNSEND should be fantastic !!!

edit: I'm adding SYLVAN to this list, I've just discovered the band last week thanks to you, their music is just amazing!there is a real atmosphere on each album and the singer is just great (for me his voice is somewhere between Chris Martin's of Coldplay and Gavin Hayes' from Dredg).So thank you very much for making me enjoy this great band !!!:headbang:

My dream-team for ProgPower Europe 2008:
Pain Of Salvation, Porcupine Tree, Ayreon, Quidam, Opeth, IQ, Vanden Plas and Kings X! :)

When do you announce the rest of the bill? I am already leaning towards PP Europe vs. returning to PP USA this year but would like to see the rest of the bands who will play. PP USA has announced their full roster already so I was curious as to when PP Europe will do so.

Agalloch and Sculptured would be awesome

a little saturnus
Was a hell of a show in PLato with Novembers Doom!

Love to see one of these bands play PP08

Sculptured, Solefald, Borknagar or Ulver... all great but mostly unlikely choices :D And subterranean Masquerade, now that is a stereotypical "one can dream"- kind of situation ;) Agalloch or Sigh would be cool though!

Having Nightingale in The Netherlands again would be great! That way Dan can do his guest parts for Dead Reckoning live for the first time at ProgPower :D

As for more proggy kind of bands, I would love to see Paatos!

And finally, powermetal bands: the promo pack for Magion is on the way to PP as we speak ;)

For those of you who are waiting for the rest of the line-up, we are talking to several bands now, some of them from outside Europe, but that takes some time to get everything arranged and get a final confirmation. It looks really good and we will offer you a splendid line-up, with some bands you probably would not expect. But that is what we always try to do, you know.

So please be patient, we expect to have the line-up complete at the end of March.

Rene