So, what do you guys think of In Flames?

audiophileguy

Apr 5, 2004
:hotjump:

Anybody use cduniverse.com or megaselect.com to order cds?

What are the best places for power metal?

ooo..better question :>

I like BG's speed metal songs a bit, so what other bands that have a similar style?
thanks a bundle...

I like The Jester Race and Colony a lot. The Jester Race is my favorite melodic death CD, even if the guitars sound like a lot like Iron Maiden's. I also prefer the more death-style vocals on Jester Race as opposed to the near-black vocals on Colony.

I think Reroute To Remain is mediocre, but it still has some songs in the old In Flames vein that I like, like "Free Fall". Some of the songs on there come dangerously close to mallcore though, but Soundtrack To Your Escape is pretty much full-on mallcore to these ears, so IMO it sucks.

loved them at first, till probably clayman. then after hearing there albums over the years, i noticed they all follow the same pattern, and i realized there are much better bands out there then In Flames. But still they aren't the worst thing to come out of sweden.

yep, lunarstrain/subterranean, jester race, whoracle, and colony are awesome.... after that, don't bother

i cant get myself into melodic death, yet i really like children of bodom. i guess time and time again i pop in whoracle or jester race, but i really prefer brutal death.

I still don't know much about In Flames. Everyone seems to tell me that Clayman on up is where the downfall of the band takes place. The only album I own by them is Whoracle and I love it. Great melodic death metal.

As far as your other question goes... cduniverse.com is a great place to order from. I just recently placed an order from there consisting of the classics "Refuge Denied" by Sanctuary, "A Distant Thunder" by Helstar, and "Act III" by Death Angel and all went well. The End is indeed another great place to order from.

As far as German speed/power metal bands go you absolutely cannot go wrong with Running Wild, Grave Digger, Rage, Sinner, and Gamma Ray. Edguy is also really worth checking out if you have not heard them yet.