CDs or MP3s?

Same here. I've got about 800. I don't even like having burns really, I've gotta have the original with the cover art and everything or it just doesn't feel right.

Yeah same here, but my collection hasn't quite got up to 800 yet haha. I know what you mean though I've been given burnt cds before and I just don't find i have as much motivation to listen to them as when i buy a new cd and im looking at the book etc.

Listen to an MP3 on a decent stereo system, and compare it to the same CD. Even at the highest bit rate, the CD sounds better. I'm not talking a $300 off the shelf system, I'm talking a $10,000 surround system.

I'm willing to bet that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between FLAC and the actual CD if you were actually put to the test.

Yeah same here, but my collection hasn't quite got up to 800 yet haha. I know what you mean though I've been given burnt cds before and I just don't find i have as much motivation to listen to them as when i buy a new cd and im looking at the book etc.

This is all true and dandy and just a giggle of shits, but it doesn't really matter to me. I mean sure they look better, come in nice little covers with the books and art, but if you really like a CD, just because you like it, you're gonna listen to it and appreciate the music. And if you don't like something as much, you won't listen to it as much.

The only annoying thing about burnt discs is that you're never a hundred percent sure it'll play well.

Yeah that is true, and it's not that I automatically don't like it because it is burnt, it's just I find it less motivating to listen to. In saying that if the music is good and I do listen to it I will like it.

I prefer getting CDs because as Solipsist said it is far more satisfying to me. I enjoy having a CD for the sake of having it. I used to buy mp3s when I was first getting into metal but I stopped that as I discovered how easy it was to get CDs.

This is all true and dandy and just a giggle of shits, but it doesn't really matter to me. I mean sure they look better, come in nice little covers with the books and art, but if you really like a CD, just because you like it, you're gonna listen to it and appreciate the music. And if you don't like something as much, you won't listen to it as much.

Yeah obviously, but if I really like a cd, and I only have a burn of it, then I'm gonna buy it for a couple of reasons, one of which is that I just prefer having the original. The other is I don't like stealing music.

And that's true too. I'd buy more of the CD's that I like if I could find them anywhere available for me. I'm just like the rest of these CD freaks, I'd rather own them as my own, but sometimes you have to deal.

Heh, don't buy mp3's. The CD is higher quality, has cover art and lyrics, making it a sort of multimedia experiance, and is immune to crashes. Really, if you want just the music, just download a free one. Then you still have some money, and you can also buy a CD while you are at it. You can get a lot more music this way.

CD's of course. Only in extreme cases will I sollicit an mp3 torrent should it be impossible to acquire an album in CD form, whether bought or copied from a friend.

I enjoy buying the cd because I like looking over the book and enjoy the artwork. And playing it in my stereo instead of sitting in front of the computer all day.