CDs or MP3s?

Because of downloading, I've discovered so many great new bands. Probably about 90% of the music I listen to is a direct result of me downloading. I have about 80GB of music on my comp. However, I still buy cds. The fact that I download increases the number of bands I listen to, so therefore I buy more cds.

Mention anything to do with digital recording (or, actually, analogue recording) and you'll get Erik to appear, much like a genie. Unlike a genie, he's likely to yell at you, call you a cunt and tell you how you're wrong.

The only three wishes you are likely to make are:

1) I wish I had never mentioned bit rate.
2) I wish I had never said I can tell the difference between CD and FlAC/MP3
3) I wish I could die right now.

:lol:!!

I prefer CD's, that way I don't steal music that someone has worked on and also I always have a hard copy that I can listen to in years to come. Good for you if you have download 8gb of music but what happens if your PC gets fucked? You lose it and whats worse is if you paid for it. Your kinda fucked up the arse then. A cd will always be there but in another 3 years you may change your pc and not take that music with you. PC's are unreliable and prone to failure. Something always goes wrong but CD's work and there isnt a chance that it will magically delete the songs.
Also some band's CDs make cool pictures when lined up in order like the maiden ones that create Eddies head.

I don't like the idea of having all of my music only as mp3.
You can admire your favourite albums much better if you own the CD and the booklet and the case and everything...

I would never pay for a mp3 file, just as simple as that. I have no moral problems with downloading although i by preferance buy cds.

He wanted to be, so he did bad things in various places.[/Deron's Theory]

UH OH! we can't get chains and leather and thrash nuklear terroriztz ne more!!!?!111

how will royal carnage survive now?:cry:

I'll miss his wigger influenced parodies very much.

Vinyl for me, but Cds I can handle and Mp3 sounds awful. Yes, you can get it lossless, but then you still need to send it to a high quality DAC in order to get comprable sound compared to a CD. I'll stick to my lovely Hi-Fi, thanks.