so what next?

raiz

mind like a steel carp
Sep 12, 2003
OH, USA
www.gank.tk
alright, so my friend jes made me listen to 'narcosynthesis' and i was impressed. what should i look up next? in your opinion, what's the best nevermore song? appreciate it.

Wolftribe said:
hmmmm best.... haaaaaaard one... impossible to give just one....
Beyond Within
The River Dragon has come
Seven Tongues of God
Enemies of Reality...
'beyond within' is pretty fuckin' sweet too. 'enemies of reality' isn't bad or anything, it's still cool, but it sounds kind of different than the other two. snagging 'seven tongues of god' as i type. you know anything about this dimmu borgir band? i want to see nevermore when they come to my state in december, and ticketmaster says the headliner for the concert is dimmu borgir, with nevermore and special guests children of bodom and hypricrisy. i've never heard of any of those bastards aside from nevermore.

ah well Dimmu and CoB kick ass, dunno much about Hypo. though...

Dimmu were a black metal band and now are kinda symphonic and a little thrashy... check out "The Insight and the Catharsis", my fav song by them.
CoB are sort of melodic Death metal.... check out follow the reaper, Silent night bodom night, and needled 24/7....

ok raiz here you go. from albumn to albulm ill give you my favorite song
nevermore- garden of grey
in memory- the sorrowed man
poe- passenger
dnb- dnb or no more will. tied.
dhiadw- river dragon or heart collector
eor- title track or tommarow turned into yesterday

as far as dimmu goes, they are a black metal band hailing for norway. they got their name from a area of volcanic activity somewhere in norway i think. anyway, they totally own most bands out today. listen to the kings of the carnival creation, and youll see what im talking about. ive actually talked to silenoz the guitarist before, and hes down to earth and incredibly humble about the band. shagrath is kindy shriek vox, much like the guys in naglfar, or perhaps emperor evergrey or daylight dies. highly recommended band. and listen to something off the new albumn. im my opinion, dimmus producer of this albumn is the best ive heard all year. whoever did it shouldve been in charge of eor.
as for children of bodom, not a big fan at all. and hypocrisy owns!

thanks. i ripped 'dreaming neon black' and 'the river dragon has come' a sec before i got yer reply anyways heh heh. they are my favorites thusfar, and 'dreaming neon black' is the absolute best in my opinion (of the four or five songs i've heard). looking up the other shit now. most of the time i don't have any regrets dl-ing the most recommended songs of a band i'm interested in, but i feel kinda like for the amount of talent in these songs, nevermore should get paid for me listening to em. anyone got a favorite album they'd suggest?

sweet leaping jesus, in that kings of the carnival creation that double bass pedal sounds like a fuckin machine gun heh heh. cool song, but i guess that's jes not my kinda music. it's all the same when yer sittin at the broke-ass, piece of shit, run-down agora high off yer ass anyways, righ? heh heh.

I recomend buying Enemies Of Reality, it is my Personal fav, then I would go with Dead Heart, In A Dead World, then Politics Of Ecstasy, most people here will now accuse me of sacrilige for putting PoE at the three slot, oh well.

nevermore: politics of ecstacy
children of bodom: hatebreeder
dimmu borgir: death cult armegeddon

get these three and you'll be in good shape.