So what the fuck, is digital music going to take over completely?

This Zep Air is excellent. It makes me question the point of using subwoofers for music. The bass on this is clear, punchy and defined. You don't feel kick drums in your chest or anything like you would at a live show (or with some 15" Cerwin Vegas lol) but neither do they sound like they're coming out of a cardboard box. I've had no problems with streaming across a room (yet). I'll see how it works on the other end of the house later.

I find it curious that what appears to be a rather small device has the ability to produce both acceptable high frequency AND low frequency. Do you find it to truly be the equivalent of a pair of bookshelves? It's a shame it was designed specifically for use with Apple devices...

Well, we can specify and say bookshelves at the same price point of $600, new, not used.

I suppose another interpretation would be bookshelves + a sub totaling of $600, again new, not used offerings.

I think you've sufficiently answered the first scenario though :D

Indeed. For instance, it doesn't sound as good as the B&W 685 bookshelves. But the 685's don't have the functionality that the Zeppelin has either. I guess it depends on what you're aiming for.

Hmm...*shrugs*
I have 3-way bookshelves with 8" woofers powered by a marantz amp and the Zep Air sounds better....wireless, even.

the $600 debate is a tough one though - I could've easily purchased some new bookshelves for that price but really, I've grown weary of trying to figure out the component game.

the obvious drawback of the zep or the A7 or the A5 is lack of stereo separation. If I'm listening to music, I'm also eating, doing dishes, washing clothes, masturbating, etc...not sitting in front of the speakers, so it doesn't matter to me much.

If I'm listening to music, I'm also eating, doing dishes, washing clothes, masturbating, etc...not sitting in front of the speakers, so it doesn't matter to me much.

this

it's actually better to have some throw it all over the place sound dispersion in those scenarios.

great standalone speakers sound off as soon as you leave the sweet spot.

haha yes, my back is turned and 20 degrees off-axis to the speakers right now. How's that for a perfect listening position? :lol:

Sweet spots are for rich dudes like Ken and Vittra :loco: